Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect my PC (Win 10) to my Samsung Smart TV (2018)

(Topic created on: 18-09-2020 11:19 AM)
XorKoS
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

It's been week I'm trying to make this work again .. because like 6 months to 1 year ago I managed to make it work, don't know what changed since.

So, I have a 2018 UHD Samsung TV (Model UE49NU5105 or UE49NU7105 sth like that).

I have a built pc with a Asus PCE-AC55BT as Wifi + Bluetooth card that I changed lately thinking it could solve that problem (previously I was using wifi with a wifi USB dongle to access the tv but it stopped working at some point)

My problem is that my pc can't detect the TV, when doing Windows + K or being in the device page.

While other laptops in the house manage to see the tv and connect to it.

And everything mentioned is on the same Wi-fi.

I searched a lot online and tried a lot of things but I'm starting to feel defeated.

I checked the advanced parameters of my wi fi yesterday and saw that my pc is mostly using a 5 MHz bandwidth wifi thingy while most other things a 2.4 MHz one, tried to force the PC on the 2.4 MHz to see if it changed anything with no results.

I also tried to change the wifi password encoding since windows said it was outdated, and saw that at that time, before I could change the wifi password on one of the laptop, it could still connect to the tv without being connected to any internet and successfully managed to mirror itself on the TV, so I thought that it could maybe connect itself to the TV by bluetooth .. is that possible ?

+ I tried every other common troubleshooting advices I could find.

Honestly I don't really know what more to do, does someone have an idea ? Or is there maybe a better way to wirelessly connect my PC to my TV (In order to stream sports and films from my PC on the TV mainly)

Thank you.

26 REPLIES 26
tokatl
First Poster
Options

Thanks for sharing!

I tried it without any hope, ant got it working thanks to you.

0 Likes
albuddysj
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, Thanks for sharing these posts. 

I like to add some points. I had S32T4500 for about a week and while testing all available connections, I had succeeded in connecting my laptop (Lenovo 730-13) wirelessly with the TV. Using screen-sharing options (Win+K). However, once I tried to connect the laptop with an HDMI cable, while it's working, but disconnecting it without turning off both devices might bring issues. I had disabled or disconnected the connection through a fly-over menu on the top of the screen. But, I have no idea whether keeping the devices on would bring issues or not. 

I had never been able to connect the laptop with screen sharing afterward. I used the reset option on the TV menu. It came back, but the second time, I did so, the problem returns. 

So, I guess the problem is completely on the TIZEN OS, or at least on their device manager. Either I should whitelist or remove the display with an HDMI connection and reconnect it with Bluetooth or something else. Reading all your comments, I think Bluetooth should not be the culprit. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
albuddysj
Apprentice
Options

I returned to this post just after 30 mins of logging off this site. I have solved my problem. I just need to reconnect the HDMI connection with the TV and turn off both devices before unplugging the HDMI cable. 

I restarted both devices without HDMI cable and the screen sharing has returned to be functioning well. Wish this could add some idea to your own issue.  Thanks.

Legendary
First Poster
Options

What exactly did you do to fix this. I am dealing with the same problem and nothing I have tried from this suggestions fixed my problem

0 Likes
Legendary
First Poster
Options

I cannot connect my windows 10 pc to my samsung 7 TV and this is driving me crazy. I used to be able to do this but don't know why or how it stopped working. I have tried to follow the instructions suggested here but I haven't been successful in solving the issue

0 Likes
albuddysj
Apprentice
Options

Hi Legendary, 

Allow me to write in detail. When I installed the TV at first, I had tried all available connections to check if they work fine. I started by connecting my PC with screen sharing (Win+K) and it works fine. Minutes later, I tried to reconnect them with an HDMI cable and it too worked fine.  But, when I tried returning to a wireless connection. My laptop just kept searching for the TV. 

I turned off my pc and the TV (including unplugging it from the power outlet), removed the HDMI before I restarted them. When I turn them on, the connection just works and never returns. 

I have not reconnected the devices with an HDMI cable again ever since. I guess the problem would return if I do so. 

I suggest that you can also try to check whether you have the updated software for your TV, remove the display (if it existed before) from the list of connected devices on your PC, and reconnect them with Win+K. 

And if you have ever used an HDMI cable, try to reconnect them with it, disconnect them while power on, turn off all devices, unplug the cable and power on them again. 

Hope this would help.  

0 Likes
albuddysj
Apprentice
Options

Sorry ... I must say you need to disconnect the HDMI cable after you turn off both the TV and laptop. Don't do it when they are still on. 

0 Likes
albuddysj
Apprentice
Options

Hi Legendary, 

This morning I couldn't connect to my TV, but I solved the problem and I thought it is similar with you have been through. So, I think I continue to share what I've expereinced. 

I am living in a guest house with multiple access points where network connections could be messy. The regular access point just went off so, I should move out to a different one. Therefore, I cannot connect my PC with the TV. There were a lot of issues and even I couldn't reconnect them when I returned to the original access point. 

I think I should make both my PC and the TV to forget their connection. I can delete the device list (the TV) from my PC at the Bluetooth setting. I have noticed the TV menu has a connection guide where you can find a list of devices (Home - Source - Connection Guide - PC - Screen Sharing). There you can delete your PC from the TV's device list. 

I should restart both devices and I suggest unplugging the TV from the power outlet. I am able to connect my PC with my TV to a new access point.

Hope this would help. 

0 Likes
Members_uTtufHh
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I will share some details of my problem solved thanks to this topic.

Samsung TV UE43NU7400 + PC Win 10 with a wired (LAN) and wireless connection through external shared Bluetooth/WiFi 2.4 GHz and 5GHz antennae.

1. I make sure that my PC and TV are connected to that same network - in my case, this is WiFi, to save running cables from my wall hanging TV.

2. It has to be that same network. As GreyMatter said, it has to be 2.4 or 5 GHz for both devices.

3. I removed my PC from the list of the devices on the TV (not only disable the access, but it also has to be deleted from the list)

4. For peace of mind, I also reset network settings on the TV.

5. I rebooted the PC.

6. I relaunch my TV by turning it off, unplugging it from the electrical socket and waiting around 10 min.

5. I connected the TV and PC again to that same network, 2.4 GHz in my case, as when both devices were in 5Ghz WiFi, my PC didn't see my TV in the devices list. Weird but worth noticing.

6. Then, on my PC, by sharing screen - connect to wireless display option from the notification panel, I could share my PC screen with my TV.

I hope this will help other lost souls. 😁

0 Likes
JackLean
First Poster
Options

Hello all

I had the same Issue

It's simple, but I suffered a lot to find the solution to the issue, the router and any other device related to the router/internet connection needs a power cycle. So disconnect/unplug all for 30 seconds and plugin/power on again.

I'm sure this is related to each service provider or each type of router that may manage these connections between the PC and the TV. This has happened to me 2 times in the past week and I have tried almost everything but the moment I turned off the router and STILL with NO internet connection, my TV immediately appeared discoverable on the PC menu: Connect to a wireless display, and I was able to connect to my PC with NO INTERNET at home (as I was rebooting the router)

I was at least 3 hours trying all the recommendations on this page and worked only with the router troubleshooting :smiling-face: 

0 Likes