Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect my PC (Win 10) to my Samsung Smart TV (2018)

(Topic created on: 06-12-2020 03:14 PM)
XorKoS
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

It's been week I'm trying to make this work again .. because like 6 months to 1 year ago I managed to make it work, don't know what changed since.

So, I have a 2018 UHD Samsung TV (Model UE49NU5105 or UE49NU7105 sth like that).

I have a built pc with a Asus PCE-AC55BT as Wifi + Bluetooth card that I changed lately thinking it could solve that problem (previously I was using wifi with a wifi USB dongle to access the tv but it stopped working at some point)

My problem is that my pc can't detect the TV, when doing Windows + K or being in the device page.

While other laptops in the house manage to see the tv and connect to it.

And everything mentioned is on the same Wi-fi.

I searched a lot online and tried a lot of things but I'm starting to feel defeated.

I checked the advanced parameters of my wi fi yesterday and saw that my pc is mostly using a 5 MHz bandwidth wifi thingy while most other things a 2.4 MHz one, tried to force the PC on the 2.4 MHz to see if it changed anything with no results.

I also tried to change the wifi password encoding since windows said it was outdated, and saw that at that time, before I could change the wifi password on one of the laptop, it could still connect to the tv without being connected to any internet and successfully managed to mirror itself on the TV, so I thought that it could maybe connect itself to the TV by bluetooth .. is that possible ?

+ I tried every other common troubleshooting advices I could find.

Honestly I don't really know what more to do, does someone have an idea ? Or is there maybe a better way to wirelessly connect my PC to my TV (In order to stream sports and films from my PC on the TV mainly)

Thank you.

26 REPLIES 26
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
if your tv is connected to 2.4 then your computer needs to connect on 2.4. one cannot be on 2.4 and another on 5ghz if you want them to communicate with each other.
If you're still not getting anywhere, you can connect from your computer to the tv using HDMI
0 Likes
XorKoS
Apprentice
Options

Yes, i tried yesterday, andi just tried again, i put everything on the 2.4 GHz bandwidth and on the same Wi-fi type 8xx.xn (instead of the 8xx.xac that was using my pc previously), but it didn't do much sadly.

I know i can use an HDMI cable but i'd rather not especially not with a fix PC, if it was a laptop maybe, but sadly it works on the laptops and not on the tower pc. =/ And the whoel point of that setup is not to use any cables ..

0 Likes
Doug8
Apprentice
Options

Did you manage to find a solution this?

Same problem and it is driving me mad.

XorKoS
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I managed to make it work some time after posting but i don't know exactly why it started working (i changed a lot of things, it didn't worked, and then a couple days lkater it started working again)

I believe, that what made it work was to enable Bluetooth on my PC most of the time, and i don't remember exactly but updating Bluetooth and/or wifi or whatever was available, also helped. But i don't know for sure what un-stuck the situation.

Basically the whole process : I changed the way i connect my pc to wi-fi with a better wi-fi card and then i updated wi-fi bluetooth drivers for my wi-fi card, or from windows don't remeber exactly what control those ..

Sorry i can't provide a better answer, good luck.

0 Likes
weseba
Student
Options

Having the same problem since a few days. So I guess either Samsung or Windows update killed that feature. Already tried

- Enable Bluetooth

- Reset TV 

- Enable File and Printer Sharing

- Restart PC 

- Disabled Network adapter / Enabled again

any other ideas?

Doug8
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, none of that stuff is going to sort it. I spent the entire day mucking around and nothing.

The only other thing that I have to try is getting hold of a wifi adapter that supports the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands. At the moment my current one only supports 5Ghz but I hold little hope that the new one coming in the post will solve the issue (Miracast - the wifi tech that screen sharing uses-  has to connect over the 2.4Ghz band so far as I'm able to understand)

The reason being that I connected my PC and TV through my Iphone mobile (hot spot) and yet again my PC could not detect my TV (and vice versa).

I am seriously starting to regret getting this Samsung TV now and not the equivalent LG.

0 Likes
Members_VhkJJ7k
First Poster
Options

did anyone have the same issue on the after the update of the samasung update on ru7179

0 Likes
DeOrgy
First Poster
Options

I got mine to work in about 2 minutes after it not working for over a year. Someone mentioned bluetooth, on my windows 10 laptop i went to bluetooth devices, removed the "samsung 65" tv" from connected devices, then pressed the windows button and "k". Clicked on the tv, reconnected, and the tv prompted me to allow it to connect. Clicked allow, and boom! it worked!

It seems as though its bluetooth login or authentication credentials were not working, and removing and adding the entry again fixed it. So anyone else having issues, give this a try. It works flawlessly again!

Denmay93
First Poster
Options

I fixed by disabling the firewall on my anti-virus. Remember to turn it back on afterwards, there may be a way to let the pc/tv connection bypass the firewall but I have no idea how to do that!

0 Likes