Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Samsung TVs record in standby (Freesat and Freeview)

(Topic created on: 22-11-2021 08:50 AM)
Options

I’m looking to get a Samsung TV with freesat, so I went into Currys to ask a few questions.

One in particular was around recording from freesat or Freeview in standby mode.  On site at this branch there was a Samsung rep and a Samsung trainer and both appear to be clueless about the TVs functionality and could only demo anything in HDMI mode.

I said that it was particularly important to me that freesat record on standby. I asked this question because there are forums where people are complaining that their TV does not record in standby and they are still waiting for a solution many months later.

As neither of the Samsung reps new the answer to this they phoned through to their training centre to ask the question. After 30 minutes of waiting, I was informed that they still hadn’t had a response but they were sure it did. I was not sure that it did but sure that the only thing they wanted to happen was that I purchased the Samsung TV.

Yesterday six weeks later I went back into the store and spoke to the rep who I spoke to initially and reminded him of my question which he clearly recalled. I asked why he hadn’t called as he had promised and he said he was still waiting for a response from the training centre who hadn’t yet got back to him.

Either he is lying, the TV doesn’t record in standby or Samsung’s response times from their head office i.e., the trainer is absolutely abysmal.

I would really like to know of people using this channel if there Samsung TV records from Freeview or freesat in standby mode. At least then the Samsung trainer could also be reliably informed and give the feedback to the rep so he can tell customers the truth

11 REPLIES 11
Options

Just to follow up on this post, the TV does record in standby in both free sat mode and free view mode. The downfall is if you are looking to switch from terrestrial to satellite, then it’s a total ball ache. Luckily for me, I only used the TV in satellite mode.

0 Likes
Options

Hey everybody. I’m the original poster for this thread

Just to follow up on this post, the TV does record in standby in both free sat mode and free view mode. The downfall is if you are looking to switch from terrestrial to satellite, then it’s a total ball ache. Luckily for me, I only used the TV in satellite mode.

0 Likes