Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can I plug the satellite dish directly into the tv?

(Topic created on: 29-11-2020 03:23 PM)
RobertChalmers
Journeyman
Options

I see there are two connectors on the tv for a satellite dish. Or so it says? What happens if I connect my satellite dish connections to that? 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
satellites dishes usually need a box decoder, so not sure if your TV can decode the satellite info
0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
yes you can,but unplug tv b4 u connect as their is a 9 to 25 volt output from tv to lnb on dish,on tuning it asks for ur post code, then you get channels for your area,,if you can miss this entry you will get multi region channels downloaded
Solution
RobertChalmers
Journeyman
Options

So it seems to be accepting it!!! I plugged the cables in, 1 & 2, and went to retuning, Satellite, and it’s come back with about 350 channels, radio and tv. Most of which I’ve never heard of. So now I’m wondering how many other satellites I can tune to because I just accepted the defaults to see what would happen?

I’m amazed. This TV has freesat/digital and satellite decoders built in. Found all this because I’m thinking of dumping Sky! This is way more fun.

Samsung 55” UHD by the way.

PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
you can only get the Astra sattelite,, if you had a freesat box,ie manhatton, some of these can recieve upto 2000 channels, but only boxes with "Non freesat channels"in set up ,
0 Likes
RobertChalmers
Journeyman
Options

Not sure I understand what you mean?

I did get the Astra satellite on the Sky dish.

Are you saying freesat boxes can get more channels?

What about other satellites or dishes?

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
The way i see it , you could have access to more satellites , but it comes with some "hoops" 🙂
Meaning that :
● Sky is using ASTRA 28° or so ...right ? To get access to another satellite & another set of channels, retuning your TV won't be enough....you'd have to turn your dish as well.
● even then , you'll get only the un -coded channels ; to get access to all the channels, you'd have to plug in a "Conditional Access Module " + the right card into your TV's Ci / Ci + slot.
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Hope this makes sense...🙂
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
yes, but only if you can find a freesat box,that has tune non freesat channels only as astra covers all europe, ie italy germany, dutch etc plus 1000s of others from benelux area, luxembourg, search non freesat boxes and channels, ,for other satelites u would need a motorised dish, and or multichannel boxes,at a great cost,,,i used to fit freesat systems, for currys and maplin, thats where the best boxes came from..there was boxes on ebay which gave you pirated stuff etc plus all other channels,
RobertChalmers
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, this is really interesting.