Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pair two Smart Remotes to one TV

(Topic created on: 11-06-2021 12:54 PM)
johndgrayson
First Poster
Options

I tried pairing two Samsung Smart Remotes to my new Samsung Q80 TV but within 10-20 seconds I get a message that the TV is already paired with a remote and then unpairs from my first remote; this despite both remotes working just fine during that brief period.  Why would Samsung not allow this?  Is my only option third party remotes? Is there some way to do this with the Samsung Smart Remotes?

43 REPLIES 43
gs777
First Poster
Options

I agree with everybody that this is a critical issue, especially since there appears to be no technical reason for the restriction.

Can I at least use a dumb remote as a second remote to control the TV? Otherwise, my wife and I will feel like we're getting up to turn channel and volume dials on a 1960s TV 😞

BobWNC
Apprentice
Options

A post on Aug 18, 2020 stated that a different model Samsung remote would work as a second remote. I bought one and it has solved the immediate issue. It is IR not Bluetooth But that just means you need to point it at the TV. Remote Model #: BN59–01303A

BBjusto4251
First Poster
Options

I also downloaded the app to my iPhone yet wonder if there is a way to avoid having to re-sync to my tv every time I want to use the app??

0 Likes
JED83
Student
Options

Still having this problem in December 2020

JED83
Student
Options

I waited a long time for some one at Samsung to answer a phone.  Not sure the person ever understood what the issue is.

CaNoOk
First Poster
Options

I just tweeted them. That’s the only way I get a hold of anyone.

0 Likes
Shadowrider
Student
Options

Finally just bypassed the not-so-smart Samsung and use a Fire stick which has a simpler interface and supports multiple remotes. So problem solved, but not by Samsung. Will think twice before purchasing another Samsung product. Customer service is non-existent.

0 Likes
Luvshell1
Student
Options

But it is so interesting that I read in another post that someone with a kitchen sanding tv with remote and same in the living room, find both remotes controlling both TVs, so if it does it when you don’t want it to, can’t they make it work when you do want it to? 😂. It’s ridiculous.

0 Likes
Luvshell1
Student
Options

Thank you, I’m going to order that one.  And I too like the color wraps.  The controller is so small which I like, but gets lost easy in the couch so I’m going for a neon green.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
DMR11
Apprentice
Options

Hi There .

Did you find a solution. I don't know if you sore my post I have cut and pasted it below.  I hope it works for you.

I bought the Samsung 2x 65” 8k TV’s in New Zealand May 2020 and like all posted to see if anyone from Samsung could help but No even several phone calls to them did not help.

But I found something that worked. So thought I would share. We happen to buy a 32” smart TV with the remote style IR (inferred remote) remote we are all use too and I thought I wonder if that remote will work on the new 8K TV and WOW it did and even works the sound bar too. So It seem that you can use the old style IR remotes and have multiples of them like always, But only one of the new Blue tooth remotes. So we are using one Blue tooth and one IR and they work happy together no clashes.

The remote that works for me was BN59-01303A I bought them off E-Bay for about $10. NZ dollar including shipping. In the listing it tells you what model they will work on. Now I know they work. I am now thinking of buying more of the IR and put the silver Blue tooth one aside. Muscle memory you get use to where the buttons are :-).

We foot note: I also bought silicone covers to go over these remotes off E-bay too. The silver one was so cold to handle. As the TVs and sound bars are link to each unit. I bought different coloured covers for each room I got them for both the model remotes.

We have just bought a 75" 4K and the same remote work for that one too.

If this helps for you. I would be keen to know.

Cheers Donna

0 Likes