Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pair two Smart Remotes to one TV

(Topic created on: 18-08-2020 02:17 AM)
johndgrayson
First Poster
Options

I tried pairing two Samsung Smart Remotes to my new Samsung Q80 TV but within 10-20 seconds I get a message that the TV is already paired with a remote and then unpairs from my first remote; this despite both remotes working just fine during that brief period.  Why would Samsung not allow this?  Is my only option third party remotes? Is there some way to do this with the Samsung Smart Remotes?

41 REPLIES 41
ThomasWalker
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.  I've purchased an additional remote and would like to use both on the same TV.  Samsung, please update us if you get this feature added.

kjayd13
Student
Options

As a temporary fix until Samsung resolves this issue, I downloaded a Samsung Remote app to my iPhone and it works well. 

KUGRI
First Poster
Options
Same exact issue. SAMSUNG please fix this.
Globus
First Poster
Options
Come on Samsung, please fix this so it is possible to add an additional remote. Are you really not interested in making more money? :smiling-face:
DMR11
Apprentice
Options

Hi There

I am in New Zealand and have just bought 2 genuine remotes to have and extra ones but I am having the same problem. I can use it for a while it then. Comes up and says there is already a remote conected and then disconects. This is rediculous it is a genuine remote and he sold it know I wanted to run 2 remotes for the TV's

Please Help us use 2 remotes.

Thanks 

mauly
First Poster
Options

I like my Samsung TVs but I'm afraid they have gone what I call The Google Route.  That's where the developers seem to always come up with an incredibly complex alternative design to fix a problem their customers didn;t know existed.

This one remote issue is just such a Google Route.  Apparently they are making TVs for customers that have multiple TVs in the same room so those of us with one TV in each room have to compromise.

DSS8
First Poster
Options

I’m interested too....Thanks

DMR11
Apprentice
Options

Hi All .

Help is here. I hope it works for you.

I bought the Samsung 2x 65” 8k TV’s in New Zealand May 2020 and like all posted to see if anyone from Samsung could help but No even several phone calls to them did not help.

But I found something that worked. So thought I would share. We happen to buy a 32” smart TV with the remote style IR (inferred remote) remote we are all use too and I thought I wonder if that remote will work on the new 8K TV and WOW it did and even works the sound bar too. So It seem that you can use the old style IR remotes and have multiples of them like always, But only one of the new Blue tooth remotes. So we are using one Blue tooth and one IR and they work happy together no clashes.

The remote that works for me was BN59-01303A I bought them off E-Bay for about $10. NZ dollar including shipping. In the listing it tells you what model they will work on. Now I know they work. I am now thinking of buying more of the IR and put the silver Blue tooth one aside. Muscle memory you get use to where the buttons are :-).

We foot note: I also bought silicone covers to go over these remotes off E-bay too. The silver one was so cold to handle. As the TVs and sound bars are link to each unit. I bought different coloured covers for each room.

If this helps for you. I would be keen to know.

Cheers Donna

BobWNC
Apprentice
Options

Thank you!makes sense. 

0 Likes
Jobu46n2
First Poster
Options

Samsung, please allow two remotes on the same Samsung TV!