Support

Open search

Can I pair two Smart Remotes to one TV

Highlighted

I tried pairing two Samsung Smart Remotes to my new Samsung Q80 TV but within 10-20 seconds I get a message that the TV is already paired with a remote and then unpairs from my first remote; this despite both remotes working just fine during that brief period.  Why would Samsung not allow this?  Is my only option third party remotes? Is there some way to do this with the Samsung Smart Remotes?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Observer

I have the same issue.  I've purchased an additional remote and would like to use both on the same TV.  Samsung, please update us if you get this feature added.

Highlighted

As a temporary fix until Samsung resolves this issue, I downloaded a Samsung Remote app to my iPhone and it works well. 

Highlighted
Same exact issue. SAMSUNG please fix this.
Highlighted
Come on Samsung, please fix this so it is possible to add an additional remote. Are you really not interested in making more money? :smiling-face:
Highlighted
Observer

Hi There

I am in New Zealand and have just bought 2 genuine remotes to have and extra ones but I am having the same problem. I can use it for a while it then. Comes up and says there is already a remote conected and then disconects. This is rediculous it is a genuine remote and he sold it know I wanted to run 2 remotes for the TV's

Please Help us use 2 remotes.

Thanks 

Highlighted

I like my Samsung TVs but I'm afraid they have gone what I call The Google Route.  That's where the developers seem to always come up with an incredibly complex alternative design to fix a problem their customers didn;t know existed.

This one remote issue is just such a Google Route.  Apparently they are making TVs for customers that have multiple TVs in the same room so those of us with one TV in each room have to compromise.

Top Liked Authors