Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I just disable the Smart Remote?

(Topic created on: 19-05-2020 09:35 PM)
jje
Student
Options

I have a  Samsung UE43RU7400 (2019) HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, and I am very happy with it. I never use the Smart Remote (just the regular one), but the TV keeps saying it can't connect to the Smart Remote and I have to wait for the prompt to disappear before I can get on with watching. I don't want to use the Smart Remote, so I took the batteries out of it. The TV still prompts me about the missing remote. I can't see a setting that disables it.

Does anyone know how I can just permanently disable the Smart Remote and get rid of these annoying prompts? Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
kausar
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue. Has been searching for this for a while now. Google search doesn't help at all. Totally irrelevant pages. This is the first post I found that explains it. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
jamjakhay
First Poster
Options

can't you just set the remote up initially and then carry on using other remote

0 Likes
jje
Student
Options

Believe me, I've tried. I took the batteries out of the Smart Remote but the TV still randomly says it can't connect to it (but, doubly annoying, it doesn't do it all the time). I really cannot understand why Samsung give you two remotes but can't just let you use the one you prefer...

JamesUK
First Poster
Options

I'm facing the same incredibly annoying issue. I don't want this microphone containing spy equipment powered up in my house. The normal IR remote is fine. How do we disable the feature?

dram773
Apprentice
Options

I have a RU7400 driven through a Sony STR-DN1080 receiver attached to Sky and a Blu-ray. I found that the Samsung Smart features kept messing up the eARC-HDMI. As I only wanted to use the RU7400 as a monitor, I did a factory reset and then simply ignored all the smart set-up menus - I select the device I want to watch using just the Sony receiver. No annoying smart remote, rubbish TV channels, etc. And obviously the Sony gives much better sound. So using a receiver and connecting through that might be a solution for you - provided, of course, you don't want to use ANY of the so-called smart features.

slawomir1979
First Poster
Options
Did someone asked useless Samsung Support...?
0 Likes
skwerl
First Poster
Options

Take the batteries out of the remote then perform a factory reset on the TV.

I had the same problem and this resolved it. It's slighly annoying as you have to set up from scratch but if you use the Smart Things app it's not too bad

classman
First Poster
Options

It's a real and persistant annoying troubleshot "Unable to connect. Press and hold the Return and Play/Pause buttons simultaneously for more than 3 seconds" even after PAIRING the smart remote with TV. In addition, there is NO settings to disable it and if we have to perform a factory RESET, it's more annoying. 

0 Likes
Clarkson
First Poster
Options

Same issue.

0 Likes