Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye 2008 Samsung 1080P HD TV

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 02:13 AM)
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Hey so my nana 2008 Samsung HD TV had lines going through the left side and middle of the screen and flickers and it has lasted a long time also what Samaung tv shall I get her she doesn't want anything too complicated or with so many things thanks 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@IamJai: Sorry to hear that your nan is experiencing this issue with her TV. Are you able to confirm the full model number, located on the sticker on the back of the device? In the meantime, try powering off the TV and unplug it at the wall for around 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power it on using the remote. Does the issue persist? If so, head to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test. Are the lines/flickering present in the sample image, and do you get any 'Failed' messages in the summary at the end? 

If you're looking at purchasing another TV, but you're not sure what to get, then please check out the link below and use the filters on the left hand side, and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/all-tvs/

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
They're all gonna be complicated by her standards, the TVs these days are smart tvs, operating more like a pc than a tv.
There will be a learning curve and alot of annoying stuff, but if she can use a mobile phone she will be fine with any of the new TVs. At any price range they are all the same, so choose whichever option you want, none will really be simpler than another.
0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Ok I think I'm gonna get her a UHD Tv im still looking the size im looking at is 40" or more
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @IamJai  If still looking should be able to get your Nan an upgrade that is not too complicated, even if Tvs are more advanced these days.  There are few 40 inch UHD Tv's  these days,  Samsung's models from the last few years start at 43 inches.  If you have purchased hopefully all is well.   Otherwise think the TU Models might be suitable, a few reviews in this article  for anyone looking at entry   models.  https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/tvs/best-samsung-tvs 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Thank you I brought her a 40" UHD TV and wow picture quality is really good i have a UHD tv too but i have an older one from 2018
0 Likes