Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burning Smell then TV went pop! and stopped working

(Topic created on: 09-03-2023 07:52 AM)
PHDaniels
First Poster
Options

I have a UE48JU6400, yesterday it randomly started to smell like electrical brning, then emitted a loud popping noise and switched off. It's about 7 years old. Can you help?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarlH
Options

Good morning, @PHDanielsWe take matter such as this very seriously, therefore if you are based in the UK or Ireland, please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
stoat58
First Poster
Options

Hi there PHDaniels. I'm the owner of a 49MU6470 and the same thing happened to me yesterday, apart from the loud popping noise, I was not in the room at the time and the tv was off at the time. It will not switch on.

0 Likes
PHDaniels
First Poster
Options

Ours was inspected by a local engineer and it was the main power supply had burned out and beyond repair. We replaced it with another Samsung as it was 7 years old and out of warranty. We were offered 15% discount by Samsung directly but found it cheaper elsewhere. Good luck with yours. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@stoat58: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your TV. I would like to get this escalated for you, therefore please refer to the post above by @CarlH and send a private message to Sam_UK, where myself or one of the other mods will be able to assist you further. 

If you are based outside the UK or Ireland, then please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out to the Support Team in your region, where an advisor will be on hand to help. 

0 Likes