Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Burning smell from tv

(Topic created on: 07-11-2021 03:02 PM)
Jhaynesnyc
First Poster
Options

We've only had our 65" 4k curved Samsung TV for 5 years and yesterday it started making a horrible burning smell. We even had the fire department come. 

As I started searching for more info, I found others having similar issues with Samsung TVs. Any resolution or is this tv "fried"? I really don't want to have to buy a new TV but if I do, it surely won't be a Samsung. 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Solution
Sam_UK
Options

Hi there, @Jhaynesnyc.

We take instances like this very seriously. We've sent you through a PM. You can access your private messages by heading to your profile pic top right, then tap Message. 

0 Likes
Jhaynesnyc
First Poster
Options

Thank you. I just replied to your DM. 

0 Likes
R Simpson
First Poster
Options

The same thing happened to me today.  The 65' Q8DT is less than a year old.  I was just watching YouTube and started to smell the burning plastic/circuit board smell which got stronger and stronger.  It took me a bit to find out where it was coming from. The TV was the only thing I had on at the time.  I turned the TV off and am now airing out my house.  The TV is quite warm on the screen and half way up the back.

Since the TV is quite new I don't know what temperature the TV should run at.

0 Likes
Jhaynesnyc
First Poster
Options

Oh no! Hopefully you have already spoken to Samsung support. They were super helpful and took my issue very seriously. They sent a tech out to my house for free and I just had to pay for the $120 part (because it was out of warranty). I'm very satisfied and the TV is now working fine again. 

0 Likes
Mikeyd7877
First Poster
Options

Hi Sam.

I have a UE49KU6670 curved TV. Its just about 4 years old and its started to get very hot in the lower left hand corner. It has also got a shadow from the top to bottom of the screen. I am very cautious of this because i have a 8 month old baby that loves watching his programmes on it but now im worried if i turn it on it may catch fire infront of him. Can you advise? Im a bit dissapointed as i am a big fan of Samsung products also having purchased a Samsung galaxy phone for business and another for personal use and also a galaxy sound bar to match up with the TV. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Mikeyd7877: I understand your concerns completely. If you're based in the UK then, based on the nature of your query, please reach out to our Help Desk at your earliest convenience via the link below, or on Facebook or Twitter, where an advisor will be on hand to assist you further, and arrange an inspection for you. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Elkopite
First Poster
Options
Just purchased a Samsung Q80A today, been on for about 3 hours and I'm getting a burning smell from the top left vent....
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey @Elkopite, if you are based in the UK, please send a PM over to @Sam_UK with further information, and one of our mods will be on hand to provide further support. 

0 Likes
DavidC92
First Poster
Options

Hello,

2nd time using my 55inch Q80 TV and there's a small of burning coming from the top left side??? 

0 Likes