Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burning plastic smell from back of Tv

(Topic created on: 22-10-2019 04:27 AM)
Ramos2
Student
Options

Hi, I was watching a movie last night, when i started smelling burned plastic.   At first I wasn't sure where it was coming from.  As the smell got stronger, I realized the smell was coming from inside my Sumsung television.  I quickly turn the power off and disconnect it from the wall.  Anyone having similar issues?  I take good care of my stuff this is a manufacturer issue, I have noTV now.

44 REPLIES 44
TessM
Mastermind
Options

We take this cases seriously @RobA714 and @rudigee .

Can you please send us more information about this in a PM from here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597

0 Likes
rudigee
First Poster
Options

can you send me the same instructions to my Account via PM            thanks.

0 Likes
obello77
Apprentice
Options

This issue still remains unresolved. Do you intended to resolve this matter?

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

@obello77 - Have you sent a PM through to the requested account? 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
TerryGa
Student
Options

I have been breathing that ***** in almost 24 x 7 non stop for weeks, and been smelling it for months prior. Just found out what it was today. Been having serious health problems.
Thanks Samsung
Terrry from Canada

Will1028
First Poster
Options
  • I was watching Tv and started to hear a popping noise and now a burning plastic smell emanating from the TV
0 Likes
Sam_UK
Options

Hi @Will1028 

Would you be able to send a private message to us please so we can gather some further information from you?

0 Likes
R Simpson
First Poster
Options

This just happened to me too.  I've had the TV for less than a year. Its a Q8DT 65"  Just watching YouTube on the TV like so many other days.

0 Likes
R Simpson
First Poster
Options

Why don't you just post the instructions.  Everyone on this topic has the same problem.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @R Simpson, sorry to hear about this. You can either send a PM directly to the mod above, or ring Samsung UK on 333 000 0333, and this will be escalated to the right team.  

0 Likes