Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burning plastic smell from back of Tv

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 07:52 PM)
Ramos2
Student
Options

Hi, I was watching a movie last night, when i started smelling burned plastic.   At first I wasn't sure where it was coming from.  As the smell got stronger, I realized the smell was coming from inside my Sumsung television.  I quickly turn the power off and disconnect it from the wall.  Anyone having similar issues?  I take good care of my stuff this is a manufacturer issue, I have noTV now.

44 REPLIES 44
Zeri1
First Poster
Options

Hi, have the same problem. Burning smell from TV. Started last night. Can you please send me instructions mentioned in various posts in this thread? 

M

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Zeri1: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. If you're based in the UK/Ireland then please can you send a private message to Sam_UK by tapping on your profile at the top of the page > Messages, including a description of the fault, and we will take some details from you to pass to the relevant department, who will be in touch to assist you further.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
Zeri1
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew, emailed Sam as advised. Haven't heard from him yet. Would there be anything you guys could do or would I need to buy a new TV?

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Apologies for the wait @Zeri1 . Could you please check your inbox now? 

0 Likes
M2300
Student
Options

I have the exact same problem. I spent thousands with air conditioning companies, air testing, etc. only to find out its the Samsung TV.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Heyy @Zeri1 ,

so sad to hear that. If you're based in the UK/Ireland then please can you send a private message to Sam_UK by tapping on your profile at the top of the page > Messages, including a description of the fault, and we will take some details from you to pass to the relevant department, who will be in touch to assist you further.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
M2300
Student
Options

Burnt plastic smell is the problem. Sickening and getting worse.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hey there, @M2300.

Same things to you. 

If you're based in the UK/Ireland then please can you send a private message to Sam_UK by tapping on your profile at the top of the page > Messages, including a description of the fault, and we will take some details from you to pass to the relevant department, who will be in touch to assist you further.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
RNini
First Poster
Options

This happened to me last night. I fell asleep watching a movie with my toddlers. I woke up and the smell was so strong. Is this TV done for? Please help! 

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey @RNini, if you're based in the UK/Ireland, can you please send over a private message to @Sam_UK  including further details of the fault, so that we can look into this further for you? 

0 Likes