Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burning plastic smell from back of Tv

(Topic created on: 23-10-2020 09:05 AM)
Ramos2
Student
Options

Hi, I was watching a movie last night, when i started smelling burned plastic.   At first I wasn't sure where it was coming from.  As the smell got stronger, I realized the smell was coming from inside my Sumsung television.  I quickly turn the power off and disconnect it from the wall.  Anyone having similar issues?  I take good care of my stuff this is a manufacturer issue, I have noTV now.

44 REPLIES 44
TBD2
Student
Options

Burning plastic smell from the back of Tv the top of the back rt. the side was very warm.  The set went blank... what is the issue?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @TBD2 ,

we take these case really seriously, can you send us a message by tapping "Send a message" in this page: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 with the TV model and serial number (this can be found at the back)  so we can transfer your case to the right department?

0 Likes
Moleyuh
First Poster
Options

Hello! We just had this happen to us, we have taken VERY good care of our Samsung TV, keeping it clean on the outside, vacuuming and blowing out the dust on the inside and changing the bulb every year. We have had 0 problems with this TV, in fact it's been our favorite. Just today, out of nowhere, I smelled a horrible burning plastic/burning rubber smell that made me nauseous and gave me a terrible headache. It took a while to figure out it came from the back of the TV and we shut it off right then. This is our favorite TV we have ever had and we have taken extremely good care of it....we hope we can figure out exactly what is going on so that it can be replaced because it's not anything WE did, it apparently is some sort of internal part issue. What can we do to get the part replaced since it wasn't an "operator error" but instead a product issue?

0 Likes
KellyPep
First Poster
Options

The exact thing has just happened to me ! The TV wont turn back on now ? is that it do I need to buy a new one ?

0 Likes
Melfree1
First Poster
Options

I have a burning smell that has appeared from the back of the tv, it's very strong and has just appeared 

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Melfree, sorry to hear this, we need to get this escalated. Can you send us a message by tapping "Send a message" in this page: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 with the TV model and serial number (this can be found at the back) so we can transfer your case to the right department?
Mkt-Phil
First Poster
Options

Good afternoon. It happened to us too. Samsung 40inches. Smell burnt. While watching the news, we saw a light of fire moving along inside the screen, it's like the newscaster has halo. I switched off the tv and the power source

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Mkt-Phil 

We've sent you a private message.

0 Likes
rudigee
First Poster
Options

I would like help too.  My 2011 46'' lcd did the exact same thing.  Tv works normal otherwise, but I unplugged it as I read online it can cause fire.   Disappointing and stinky.

0 Likes
RobA714
First Poster
Options

This just happened to me today and I have been googling what to do or what it could be. I was watching a show and then I smelled something really foul and eventually realized it was the TV. I unplugged it and all but now it just looks like it tries to turn on every few seconds but nothing happens.

0 Likes