Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burning plastic smell from back of Tv

(Topic created on: 16-04-2020 08:49 AM)
Ramos2
Student
Options

Hi, I was watching a movie last night, when i started smelling burned plastic.   At first I wasn't sure where it was coming from.  As the smell got stronger, I realized the smell was coming from inside my Sumsung television.  I quickly turn the power off and disconnect it from the wall.  Anyone having similar issues?  I take good care of my stuff this is a manufacturer issue, I have noTV now.

44 REPLIES 44
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Ramos2 Sorry to hear about this. We take these cases very seriously and have pm'ed you with some instructions. Please could you reply to me there?
0 Likes
Ramos2
Student
Options
Hi , thank you what instructions do you have
0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Check your PM's @Ramos2.

At the top of your page tap your profile icon next to the magnifying glass. Then go down to messages. @SaudA will have sent you a message with the next steps on.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Demie
First Poster
Options
Hello!
My bf recently had an accident with my Samsung tv. He turned on the night's lamp behind the tv and a small part of its back got burnt. It is easy to replace it, I think, but this tv has sentimental value for me and I would beg anybody here to advice me how we can fix it (eg if it is possible to fill the gap with any material that is stable and then rub the disformed part around?). I have no idea how it could be fixed but I definitely need to fix it.

Please help me...

0 Likes
Jura21
First Poster
Options
The same thing just happened to me last night with my 7 year old Samsung TV. At one moment I could just hear a buzzing sound from the TV and fell a toxic smell from the back of the TV. The picture went shade and when I plugged it back in, no picture at all, just the buzzing sound and the bad smell.

Really disapointed, your TVs should last longer than that.
0 Likes
obello77
Apprentice
Options

I had the same thing happen to me today. I was watching my Samsung 40' smart tv tonight which I had for 6yrs 

, when my partner and child could smell burning toxic strong smell coming from the tv. I couldn't tell where it was coming from initailly until I went to close the the tv. so I switch off the tv and discounted it. I couldn't believe that samsung product was this poor. I had other tv that lasted longer than this.

0 Likes
Sam_UK
Options

Hi @Jura21 and @obello77 

We've sent you both a private message requesting further information regarding your posts. Could you please reply to the PM in each case so we can look into this further?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
obello77
Apprentice
Options
I received your PM and reply but got a message that the it can not be delivered. Is there a direct email address I can reply to. This is really terrible that message are not getting to you.
0 Likes
Sam_UK
Options

Hi @obello77 

We've had a look into this and there shouldn't be a problem in replying to the PM we sent you. If you open up the message, you should see a rectangular box at the bottom of the message that shows 'Reply'. Just click into that, type your message and hit send. We'll keep an eye out for your response.

0 Likes