Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bug: Apps crash after update

(Topic created on: 15-06-2021 04:12 PM)
psicadet
First Poster
Options

Hi. I own a 2020 edition 4K QLED smart TV with tizen OS. 

I had auto update enabled and the other day, discovery+,disney+ and digital TV worked just fine. I didn't do anything to settings, I watched content that night and went to bed.

Then overnight, the pre-installed apps became broken and would crash every time I launched it. The only apps that could function were Youtube and Netflix. 

I fixed the problem by rolling back the update and now everything works fine again. This makes me believe there are problems in the update that need patching.

For now I will be disabling auto update as it caused this problem in the first place. I am posting this as a bug report to let developers know. 

Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need more details .

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
MariusMalan
First Poster
Options
I have a similar problem on my galaxy S20 FE 5G smart phone. How do I roll back the update?
0 Likes
Solution
mikrayuy
Student
Options
The only way you'll have to do it start to the very beginning unplugged the TV plug it back in go into settings and start all over again going to factory settings then hey presto will be back to normal
0 Likes
psicadet
First Poster
Options

I am not a samsung representative and don't know for sure but I imagine if you backup your personal files and reset the phone, it would reset with the original firmware that the phone was made with.

Go to settings and find factory reset.

0 Likes
psicadet
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply.

however, I already have done this.

I had to reset the TV, to "roll back the update".

This is the correct solution- power off, power on the device, go to settings, factory reset. This is what I had to do, so I could make my TV perform as I expected. 

Hope a programmer patches the bug or I'm not going to update my smart TV. 

0 Likes