Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BU8000 series TV - Remote Question

(Topic created on: 28-11-2022 10:31 AM)
tonylon
Journeyman
Options

Have just purchased a 43" BU8000 series (2022 model) TV for my parents (UK Spec)

Model Ref: UE43BU8000KXXU

It comes with 2 remotes.

Can anyone tell me how to get the Guide (where the listings for Terrestrial TV are displayed) on the larger remote (ie the one with the numeric key pad which is the one they want to use).

On previous models there was a shortcut for Guide but this now seems to have been replaced by a shortcut button to another streaming service (Disney).
The Guide is accessible for a button press on the channel selection toggle button on the "Smart Remote" but seems a somewhat retrograde step to remove the functionality on the larger remote and thus force you to use both.

27 REPLIES 27
Drg
Journeyman
Options

Hi Mine is the same ; BN59-01315N   

try pressing it once for the 1 hour version, then press and hold down . see if it changes after a second or two.

0 Likes
Drg
Journeyman
Options

Mine is: BN59-01315N as well.  once you have pressed the CH LIST button try pressing again or holding down for an extra second or two

0 Likes
tonylon
Journeyman
Options

Samsung have now sent me a replacement remote control.
The original was a BN59-01315N (and no -  the CH LIST "long press didn't seem to bring up the Guide) and the replacement is an older BN59-01315M which has a separate GUIDE button - hooray!! (Lose the Disney+ button but hey-ho)

Drg
Journeyman
Options

Glad you have a resolution.  I wonder why Samsung didn't offer me a replacement remote !

0 Likes
Rfollett
Apprentice
Options

can I please ask what process you went through to get replacement remote? Call or email?

0 Likes
Geeps
First Poster
Options
I'm also experiencing this problem.
How did you complain? Through what portal?
Cheers in advance
0 Likes
Davetech
Student
Options

5 hours online chat to Samsung UK.

0 Likes
tonylon
Journeyman
Options

Maybe I just hit lucky  but I managed to get a result after only 20 mins waiting for an operator and then about another 20 mins "chatting" to a real person. The offer of a replacement remote was made  right at the end of the exchange

0 Likes