Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken TV - Do Samsung TV's only last 3 years?

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 06:30 PM)
TVuser
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I have many tv's and they have lasted between 20 and 30 years + 

My Samsung has lasted for three years. Is this normal? I've called support and they have said tuff luck. I just find this one expensive disposable product. If that's the case that's £200 a year, ouch.

Anyone else had the same experience? 

108 REPLIES 108
Strat
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung 55" 4k TV developed a backlight fault after 2 years.

Samsung will do nothing about it.

It was purchased from an Amazon market trader and both the trader and Amazon cited the TV as out of warranty.

I have replaced it with a Hisense and will avoid Samsung TVs going forward.

I have a Samsung 40" LCD HD in a bedroom that is 13 years old and working fine.

0 Likes
Lesser88
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris, 

I am having the exact same problem. It started with just one section of the TV, now it is half of it. The TV was bought new, not discounted, not refurbished, not open-box NEW.

The TV is on its three-year mark, and as you can tell by the images, it looks pretty bad. The TV has nothing under it, it is set on a stable flat surface, etc. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-29 at 9.13.14 AM.jpeg

0 Likes
Cliff7474
Explorer
Options

Mine is three years and three months and this has started. Not happy

F494E180-C8C3-4B23-A33B-3C2D88F078CA.jpeg

0 Likes
Members_6sCkn55
First Poster
Options

My QLED 55” is just over 3 years old and has a dark vertical shadow going up the centre of the screen. Nothing to be done except a new screen apparently!  I am disgusted.  Will not buy another Samsung.

0 Likes
Cliff7474
Explorer
Options

If it is a manufacturing fault it should be covered under consumer law, but be prepared to do some leg work as i am still waiting for Currys to be get someone to look at it for me and have already told me if its a manufacturing fault they will fix it free of charge or replace it.

Hairy Horace
Student
Options

I assume mine was a manufacturing fault, light usage and I did nothing to cause it, but despite raising it with the retailer and the manufacturer I got nowhere. I took it to the local recycling centre and bought an LG Oled with 6 years warranty. I was a loyal Samsung customer but it's anything but Samsung for me from now on.

0 Likes
Cliff7474
Explorer
Options

Did you try raising a complaint with the consumer ombudsman?

Strat
Apprentice
Options

I didn't complain to the Ombudsman as both Amazon and Samsung simply quoted the "out of warranty" line. As long as they have got your money you are on your own.
I now have a Hisense TV which suits me fine.
I will avoid Samsung where possible.

0 Likes
Cliff7474
Explorer
Options

Should have gone to the ombudsman, out of warranty means nothing as consumer law states that electronic goods are covered for 6 years in England and 5 Years in Scotland. Its also the retailer that you have take the fight to not the manufacturer ie amazon in your case.  Im using the resolver website to help me.

g0akc
Navigator
Options

Our Samsung 55 inch Q8 curved SUHD TV has now failed. Second major fault on a TV under 3 years old. After a load of hassle repair agents came today and have advised the screen has gone. Samsung are aware of the issues. No spares available so cannot be repaired!  £2500 TV now scrap after 2 1/2 years!

0 Likes