Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken TV - Do Samsung TV's only last 3 years?

(Topic created on: 15-01-2022 07:48 AM)
TVuser
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I have many tv's and they have lasted between 20 and 30 years + 

My Samsung has lasted for three years. Is this normal? I've called support and they have said tuff luck. I just find this one expensive disposable product. If that's the case that's £200 a year, ouch.

Anyone else had the same experience? 

106 REPLIES 106
Cliff7474
Explorer
Options

Did they give a reason for how it has gone? If its a manufacturing fault go back to the retailer ie the shop you purchase it from they have an obligation to try a repair, replacement or refund or at very least a partial. Its consumer law that electronic goods should last up to 6 years (5 years for Scotland) if the shop refuses to help just go to the consumer ombudsman.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

Unfortunately the retailer no longer exists. I understand UK consumer law. Samsung did repair the TV a year ago (replaced power supplies) when it was giving off RFI (affecting my ***** radio) and in breach of the EMC limits, though that was only after a drawn out discussion with head office.  I’ve reached out to Samsung again.  I don’t consider it’s reasonable for a £2500 TV to last less than 3 years.  Can’t even pay for it to be fixed. The connections onto the layers of the screen have gone.  Issue known to Samsung apparently. No spare parts available. We heard there was legislation that spares had to remain available for at least 10 years or whatever, but Samsung don’t stock. Even had to pay £69 call out charge for only official service agent in area to come and then tell us this.  Imagine you bought a new car but scrapped at 3 years.  We’re gutted.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

What’s more we can’t afford or justify replacing the TV.  We’re retired on a modest pension.  We’re going to have to cancel our TV subscriptions.  No point when we only have a small non smart TV or cheap tablet. No more UHD or sports on the big screen for us.  It’s gone!  It was good while it lasted I guess.  This is due to Samsung’s poor and unacceptable reliability.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

Samsung has now come up with a solution for us and gone above and beyond - I won’t go into details but I’m pleased with their service.

Strat
Apprentice
Options

I'm very pleased you have a solution to your satisfaction @g0akc.

0 Likes
Your tvs are poor
First Poster
Options

My tv lasted 18 months 55" Crystal led TV 

Appalling I've thrown it in the skip and will never buy another Samsung TV again £700 fir 18 months it's embarrassing to say the least

Cliff7474
Explorer
Options

Thats a bit silly if its a manufacturing fault then the shop you purchased it from are by law required to fix it free of charge 

0 Likes
Members_IjNCRwP
First Poster
Options

I have same problem and my TV is just 1 year and 11 months old. Disappointed with brand

Strat
Apprentice
Options

Samsung don't consider it a manufacturing fault. In any case they are hiding behind the warranty.

0 Likes
Cliff7474
Explorer
Options

It shouldn’t mater regarding the warranty as it should still be covered under consumer law. You might not get the full price because of depreciation but you still should get something back. As the say the law is the law 

0 Likes