Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken TV - Do Samsung TV's only last 3 years?

(Topic created on: 11-09-2021 08:13 AM)
TVuser
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I have many tv's and they have lasted between 20 and 30 years + 

My Samsung has lasted for three years. Is this normal? I've called support and they have said tuff luck. I just find this one expensive disposable product. If that's the case that's £200 a year, ouch.

Anyone else had the same experience? 

108 REPLIES 108
JohnTs
Journeyman
Options

I was not so lucky,

I mean to last for two years.

My tv was replaced in warranty twice, upon delivery due to sticky green pixels (with new unit) and after one year as it died completely (only screen replaced).
Now it shows again signs of failure. 
My average is less than one year and a half!

Lesson learnt.

0 Likes
Drooboy72
First Poster
Options

My TV is just turned 2 years old and is just went pop. Its a QLED QE55Q60RA . Just a 1 year warranty on this 😞

Hairy Horace
Student
Options

Yes, it has just happened to me.

Just three years of very limited use, no more than ten hours a week, and the TV won't come on. Apparently  there's a fault with the screen/backlight.

Beyond economical repair.

I'm not a happy chappy, it was a retirement present.  

Aimee Bawden
Apprentice
Options

Ours lasted not even three years ! Samsung isn’t great ! We bought it 2/28/2019 ! Not happy ! I read something Samsung said they last 7-10 years nope!!!!!!  Should last longer !!!!!! Broken LCD lovely and costly to fix lame !!!! Looks like they don’t last longer than three years according to all these comments !!!

Aimee Bawden
Apprentice
Options

We bought our QLED 2/28/2019 the lcd broke on one side it has a lovely line on it lame !

Aimee Bawden
Apprentice
Options

Yes ! Bought ours 2/28/2019 lcd broke lime on the tv

Woollyted
Student
Options

Lucky you. My Samsung TV was less than a year old when it developed a major fault. It continuously powered on and off every 3 seconds. Absolutely no picture, just sound, silence, sound, silence. Engineer replaced everything except the frame. I was told that the screen had developed a fault. The TV is now 1.5 years old and exactly the same again.

TV has never been moved, knocked, damaged, no kids, no pets.

Absolutely gutted, now outwith warranty. I'm disabled and housebound and saved hard for this television. 

Tariqur
First Poster
Options

After 4 years, one side if my Samsung Samrt TV turned black!

After reading thia topic and also getting some reviews, it is evident to me that it is a common problem frequently faced by Samsung TV users.

Going to stop at least some people from buying Samsung TV. Samsung TV cannot be a good investment for household!

Members_vCL63dq
First Poster
Options

Spent nearly £1000 on a new 55" tv three years ago and out of the blue it has started a cycle of losing picture, regaining picture, showing smart hub logo, lines on picture.  Won't even respond to remote control.  Have bought a lot of samsung products previously but will never buy another samsung tv.

Kinjal soni
First Poster
Options

I have bought my Samsung smart TV of 53000 rs and TV was not working after a year where warranty has experied so I had call for Samsung team and the person who came did not gave bill and he broke my TV now after paying almost 8000 rs and then I gave it to local worker and TV is still not working because Samsung is hiring non qualified worker who can't identify the problem and they are not trustworthy and they don't care for their customers so next time I have decided not to buy a single product from Samsung because their after sale service is very bad