Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken TV - Do Samsung TV's only last 3 years?

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 06:30 PM)
TVuser
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I have many tv's and they have lasted between 20 and 30 years + 

My Samsung has lasted for three years. Is this normal? I've called support and they have said tuff luck. I just find this one expensive disposable product. If that's the case that's £200 a year, ouch.

Anyone else had the same experience? 

106 REPLIES 106
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @TVuser 

We're sad to hear this. Could you tell us what problem you're having with the TV?

0 Likes
TVuser
Apprentice
Options

Us too.

It's a green line that goes across the screen.

Never even been touched, just happened from nowhere and is highly distracting.

Never seen this happen, especially on a tv of this age before.

Image attached

IMG_1239.JPG

0 Likes
RalphieK9
Apprentice
Options

HI, I think the answer to that is yes, I just posted  a comment regarding my 3 year old UE60KS7000 that cost £1600 and has developed a major fault that a Technician said cannot be diagnosed.  His only solution was to start replacing parts one at a time until the fault is fixed, but he said the cost of that could run in to several hundred pounds if not thousands if the screen needs replacing.   Basically it is now a write off after 3 years (£533 per year in my case!).  Absolutely shocking, and not what I expected of a premium brand like Samsung.

TVuser
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear that, and you are not alone; I agree, shocking!

these are obvious manufacturing problems, If you buy a mac and certain components fail they get replaced as they understand ROI unlike Samsung. This happens with most companies, But Samsung just don't seem to understand that TV loyaly goes for generations, and a simple cheap fix for them is in fact a loss of trust and respect from a customer who wont just stop buying Samsung products but will openly share the bad service they have received, think Ive told more than 20 people now.

Its quite disgusting, especially on a £1600 TV, that is a serious investment!

I for one will go back to what i know and trust in the form of a Bravia, made by a company that has never let me down (im listening through one of their amps made 23 years ago as I type).

This forum just crashed on my last reply. Seems Samsung never stops to deliver!

0 Likes
AOS1
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately the same here. Samsung Smart TV after 2.5 years, left screen side is out of work! I am really disappointed. The 2 year-guarantee would mean in this case, 2 year life-time. If it was intentional by Smasung (reliability) engineers, then well done! 

Problem solved by a hard reset. Unplug. wait for some minutes, plug back in.

20201018_123320.jpg20201018_124953.jpg

0 Likes
TVuser
Apprentice
Options

Glad you fixed it! these things are not cheap! 

Unfortunately, ours must be an internal cable not software.

Kay354
Apprentice
Options

I’ve had my 55 inch TV with in 3 years and half my screen is very dark. I’m very disappointed in Samsung. So I believe that these TVs are only to last short term (disposable) 

Kay354
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your trouble shooting tips. Unfortunately a hard reset did not work for my Samsung. The left side is still black

0 Likes
Pezzuolo1
First Poster
Options

You're lucky.. mine just went out after 2 years.. totally pissed.. of course it's out of warranty so I either fix it or it's land fill.

2 years is outrageous.. I've owned so many samsung products but I think this is it for me... black screen need to replace lED boards and no one has them   maybe because  it's only 2 freaken years old!!!!

Sorry samsung,  I'm gone and will not recommend  you ever again although I have in the past