Did you mean: 

Brand New TV, turns off and on

(Topic created on: 10-12-2020 10:28 PM)
t0mbr0wn
Student
Options

Model: UE58TU7100KXXU

Brand new, received today.

Background: I spent only around 10 minutes exploring my brand new tv, and went to install an app. It asked me to sign in/create a Samsung account, so I scanned the QR code on my mobile and created an account. The device got added to my account on my phone, but as soon as it did, my tv started turning off and on, only to display the same "Samsung Account" screen every time.

I've tried everything to fix it: Unplugged from mains for 1 hour, replacing batteries in remote,  various combinations of holding down power buttons, etc but no luck! The main issue is that the tv doesn't seem to be responding to the remote.

I've now noticed that some of the pixels are getting darker each time too.

Do I need a repair/replacement or is this something I can fix?

Thanks in adanvce!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
t0mbr0wn
Student
Options

Ok so looking through this community this seems to be a very common issue with Samsung TVs. Think I'll just return it and go with another Brand.

This will probably be the first and last product I buy from Samsung, to be honest.

obitv
Pathfinder
Options
backlight is faulty, return it. tv is not restarting but the backlight is coming on and off. return it immediately for a replacement. these things happens with all electronics as there can be a faulty batch
0 Likes