Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New TV QE50QN90AATXXU. First Time Samsung Customer. AWFUL

(Topic created on: 19-12-2021 05:55 PM)
nenpot
First Poster
Options

Not a good start Samsung.

First iPlayer does not work on my new QE50QN90AATXXU. I select it but the answer is 'not available'.

Second I have a promotion claim on my receipt with a website address that is not valid.

Third. When I access the Samsung website the privacy pane is a fixed size and I cannot accept the privacy terms even when I hide the taskbar. So I can't use the website.

Pretty poor stuff.

How do I fix these?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

My TV apps won't open

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/my-tv-apps-wont-open/

I player not working

Relaunch BBC iPlayer App / Reboot Smart TV

Press the back button on your smart TV remote to get back to the main Apps menu. Choose the BBC iPlayer app again to relaunch it. Check to see if any issue persists, if it does, keep your TV power on and unplug the AC power plug from the wall
0 Likes
nenpot
First Poster
Options

Thanks, tried the website link but the blasted privacy policy pane wont budge so i cant read anything behind it. Will try the power down option

0 Likes
nenpot
First Poster
Options

Did the power down and yes iPlayer now responds, so thanks.

Just need to get my promotional discount now.

Cheers

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
On the samsung members page on the benefits link does anything show on there or vouchers
0 Likes
nenpot
First Poster
Options

I cannot use the samsung website because the privacy pane gets in the way. It wont budge. It happens on Chrome and Edge.

0 Likes
nenpot
First Poster
Options

Even when taskbar is moved to the right of the screen.

0 Likes
nenpot
First Poster
Options

So the privacy pane is fixed. The screen resolution has to be reduced to get access to the accept button.

The seller receipt was issued as a paper version and it does not contain the full website address so I had to get an electronic copy and click on the hyperlink, which got me into the voucher page.

Then the serial number was rejected! It turns out the serial number used on the receipt misses a final character that can only found on the rear of the unit (I had already wall mounted it) or the settings page on the screen menu. Once the full serial number was entered it was accepted.

Now Samsung have gone away to make sure I am not a fraud and decide if they want to issue me the cash-back.

All very sloppy, unprofessional, lazy and so easily avoidable.

0 Likes