Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a TV in China. Need some major assistance.

(Topic created on: 30-09-2018 02:38 PM)
Doobz
First Poster
Options

Hi, guys

Hope you're all well

Now, down to the issue. I bought a UHD tv while I was in China (Model Number U. Everything was good initially. Then I moved back home and realized that apps like Netflix weren't showing up. This had happened with other TV's and all I had to do was change the region. So I did the old fast forward, 289, rewind to get the list of regions, but my TV only shows China as a region, and no way I'm even gonna get Youtube there.

I've tried everything to get it to work. I even set it it to China once by mistake, but then I did that INFO MENU MUTE POWER combo to factory reset it. But even after that it still only shows China in the list of regions.

So if anyone has any idea of how to show more regions it'd be really appreciated. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Doobz
First Poster
Options

I*Model Number UA55MU6990JXXZ

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Doobz. This was manufactured for the Chinese region, there isn't a way to change the settings to match yours unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Asmita
First Poster
Options

I also have exact same problem, is there any soultion yet? 

0 Likes
Solo112
First Poster
Options

I bought a TV in China samsung q70 and brought it back to my home country and I cannot access any apps. Did anyone find a solution? 

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options
There is a China mode in the service menu settings.
Maybe twiddling with the region settings will allow you to choose a different region.
BE CAREFUL IN THE SERVICE MENU. TAKE PICS OF EVERY PAGE YOU CHANGE SETTINGS ON.
0 Likes
BOLAJI
First Poster
Options

Dear Doobz,

I trust you are keeping safe. Please i have a similar issue, i purchased my Q8C 65inch from China (where all the apps wher working perfectly) and on arrival at my country home i noticed all the apps stopped working and i dont have the option of choosing my country. How where you able to resolve this issue and kindly assist please.

0 Likes
gerabagan_12
First Poster
Options

How have you solved this problem?

0 Likes