Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurred bar on left side of screen - samsung ue40mu6120

(Topic created on: 19-07-2018 11:36 AM)
Alcoles
First Poster
Options

Hi All

Ive just purchased this TV new about 2 weeks ago and have noticed a blurred bar on the left hand side of the screen as far as you can go, ive tried the pic reset and then resetting the TV but its still the same, ive cycled through the different picture option, nothing seems to work.

I have nothing connected to the TV, not even an ariel, only using this in bedroom to stream.

I did notice that this doesnt always happen sometimes when i take it out of standby maode its there and sometimes not.

If i turn the tv off by the wall then back on i can normally resolve it, but if i swith back to stanby then back on it stays the same.

Hope you can help, any questions please ask.

Best regards Alcoles

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Alcoles wrote:

Hi All

Ive just purchased this TV new about 2 weeks ago and have noticed a blurred bar on the left hand side of the screen as far as you can go, ive tried the pic reset and then resetting the TV but its still the same, ive cycled through the different picture option, nothing seems to work.

I have nothing connected to the TV, not even an ariel, only using this in bedroom to stream.

I did notice that this doesnt always happen sometimes when i take it out of standby maode its there and sometimes not.

If i turn the tv off by the wall then back on i can normally resolve it, but if i swith back to stanby then back on it stays the same.

Hope you can help, any questions please ask.

Best regards Alcoles

Report it to your retailer immediately as if it is a fault you have the right to reject and money back within the first 28 days.  Normally a tv should work as advertised  and if not as and you are not happy then its a faulty set.  You can reject for full refund or ask for a replacement. They may offer a repair but that is up to you. 

Paul

0 Likes
Veles
Student
Options

Had the same problem on my UE49MU6400. Screen seemed darker as well. Didn't effect the menus from the TV or any apps though.

Turned off at the socket and it seems better again.

Toby2018
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue as described: blurred LHS vertical bar during playback but not on menus or home screen. 

SOLVED: Switching off at the plug also worked for me. 

Ebc
First Poster
Options

Had Exaclty the same problem , tv even seemed darker , turned the tv off by the mains for a minute for two and then turned on and everything was okay 🤷🏼‍♀️ Also couldn’t change the picture size of the tv don’t know if this was something to do with it but all works now x

Mike1490
First Poster
Options
I had the same problem with my 4K ultra HD, it worked for me thanks.
0 Likes
ShaneM
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same issue, tried everything apart from turning off at the wall 🙄 thanks everyone!

0 Likes
Khanage
First Poster
Options
same for me. Reset my TV to factory settings and nearly did the same for my PS4 🤦🏽‍♂️
0 Likes
Shurabass
First Poster
Options

Had same problems as reported above. Blurred bar on left hand side of screen and dimmed screen. Did everything including a hard re set. Nothing changed. Then read the advice above. Absolutely did the trick. Turned off at the mains. Left it for 20 seconds and then turned back on again. Hey presto! Problems cleared up. Fantastic. Thanks everyone!

Rich69
First Poster
Options

Wow, I thought that one of my kids had hit the screen, after getting over the shock,checking settings, hard reset, I also noticed the right side had shifted to the left and realised it was the tv not the screen, searched on google, read about unplugging, which fixed my tv...got to love google and this community

0 Likes