Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth Setting disappeared

(Topic created on: 01-06-2020 10:47 AM)
Chloerog23
Apprentice
Options

Hi 

i just went to use my Bluetooth headphones again on my tv (ue40h6400) and have just noticed the setting I was using to connect them has now disappeared, have connected them many times before so don’t understand where the Bluetooth setup has moved to either that or I’m looking in totally the wrong place. Can any one help?! 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Chloerog23.

Did you manage to get this resolved or are you still having the same issue?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Chloerog23 ,   if not sorted you may need to repair and possibly switch tv off for a minute/do a Smart Hub  Reset if does not work initially.

Here is a  general guide :

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00079347/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Chloerog23
Apprentice
Options

I have tried all of this and still nothing, must have got rid of the option during a update, which is pretty annoying.  I have used the same headphones on the tv before so I know they are not the issue. 

Neelesh
Apprentice
Options

I am also facing same problem. Earlier I used to connect the bluetooth to my JBL speaker. Now that bluetooth option missing from menu. 

Can somebody help to sort this out? 

My TV Model is: UA40K5570AULXL

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Chloerog23
Apprentice
Options

Hey,  had to access the secret menu to unlock the Bluetooth settings, it all works perfect now! Hope this works for you :smiling-face: if you struggle with these instructions just go on YouTube and search Samsung Secret Menu or Samsung Secret Menu Bluetooth :smiling-face: 

• Step 1: While your TV set is turned off, press the following on your remote control quickly and in this sequence – MUTE button, 1, 8, 2, and then the POWER button.
  • Step 2: When the SECRET MENU appears, use your ARROWS, SELECT, and RETURN buttons to navigate.
  • Step 3: While in the SECRET MENU Select OPTIONS
  • STEP 4: Select ENGINEERING OPTION
  • Step 5: Select BT AUDIO ON OFF and make sure it says ON.
  • Step 6: Use the RETURN button on your remote to go back a level on the SECRET MENU and select MRT OPTION.
  • Step 7: Select BT SUPPORT and make sure it says ON

Now TURN OFF of your TV and turn it ON again, give it a minute, select MENU on your remote control, then SOUND, then SPEAKER SETTINGS, and now you will see the BLUETOOTH Option

Neelesh
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply.

However I found it back doing the below steps.

1. Setting

2. Sound

3. Expert settings

4. Sound Mirroring

Ensure the sound Mirroring is OFF. If it is ON Bluetooth will be disabled.

Thanks once again.

Essexwellerhead
First Poster
Options
My set doesn't show "Sound Mirroring". I'm so confused
flamingopi
First Poster
Options

In step #5, how do I change it from off to on?

0 Likes
KimberlyM
Apprentice
Options

I followed your steps above above hoping to get my Samsung keyboard to pair with my TV as it used to work just fine.   I've spent hours on the phone with Samsung and they just keep telling me the keyboard wont-work with my TV because it's not a Bluetooth TV but I assure you it used to work with this TV.  Can you help me?