Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth reconnecting issue

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 10:15 AM)
Pliekens
Apprentice
Options

I connected my Beats Studio3 with bluetooth on the QE55Q70T (2020), all works fine first time when paired. When I switch off the headphone sound goed back to TV loudspeaker, when I switch on headphone again, TV asks to reconnect device,  so after accepting , sound TV switches and pairing to headphone is established , but no sound comes ...all look fine connected. Always need to delete device and pair again, but it works only during the initial pairing. Anyone same issue ? 

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
Pliekens
Apprentice
Options

I am answering my own question...It's a bug in he software...When you reconnect the popup screen shows connect or cancel,  I always clicked reconnect, but you have to click the cancel option...very strange...something for the samung moderator...

AntS
Options

Hi @Pliekens , 

What's the full software version on your QE55Q70T? Settings > Support > About This TV.

And any other weird Bluetooth issues you've noticed - or does this just happen with the Beats?

0 Likes
Pliekens
Apprentice
Options

Software T-NKMDEUC-1302.4, B0052200/B60202, BT-S

No other bluetoth issue

AntS
Options

Cheers! I've let our TV/AV team know about this one. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

AntS
Options

@Pliekens, My colleague didn't encounter the same issue when they tried it on their UK version of this TV, but they did have an updated software version of 1304.0 on the TV. Although they didn't reckon that there was any changes in relation to the Bluetooth in the later firmware, it might be worth trying that out. 

I'm guessing that you're based in Belgium (if not then let us know). If so, I've checked, and that software version is available to download and install via USB from that model's website Support page here: https://www.samsung.com/be/support/model/QE55Q70TALXXN/

If that doesn't work, then might be worth checking out if there are any updates for the headphones too. 

0 Likes
Pliekens
Apprentice
Options

I am indeed based in Belgium, difficult to install USB on the TV as it very flat mount...and difficult to reach USB port.

I will wait for the update when it's available on-line via the network connection, no worries to press cancel for now.

We do have also a QE55Q60 series of 2019 and there it works well with the beats headphone.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries. Let us know how it goes after the update. 🙂

0 Likes
Members_v66J3sS
First Poster
Options

I have the opposite problem, in the evening I watch TV with headphones but in the morning I use them for my computer. When I turn in the headphones in the morning, they connect to the TV, which asks "Connect" or "Cancel" and I hit "Cancel" but it still connects the headphones to the TV. 

If I chose "Cancel", the connection between the headphones and the TV should NOT be activated but instead just stay with the connection to the computer, which the headphones pick up at the same time. If I pick "Connect", they also connect. 

Surely it's a bug that both options connect the headphones? Surely "Cancel" should mean the headphones DOES NOT CONNECT TO THE TV?

Model: UE49RU8005UXXC

Software: T-MSMDEUC-1385.0 , BT-S

Sweden

0 Likes
Invyl
First Poster
Options

I have same problem as Pliekens has. My Smart TV is UE40KU6470 (UE40KU6470UX), firmware 1260.1

Issue applies to any bluetooth headset (I tried Apple Airpods 2, Airpods Pro 2, WOLT STN-240)

The only workaround I found is to unpair headset via TV settings, switch TV off after that, on next powering on pair the headset again.

0 Likes