Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth issue with Serif (QE43LS01RAUXXU) - any similar experiences with related models? (Frame / Q60r /etc)

(Topic created on: 18-10-2020 10:53 PM)
CFSE15
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

I've noticed a problem with how my bluetooth earbuds interact with my 43" Serif TV, which I understand is fundamentally the same TV as Q60r and the Frame. Pairing/connecting poses no problems, and the sound is initially fine but after a few minutes the headset audio (Sony WF-1000XM3) starts to crackle and stutter, then the right earbud drops out. Occasionally it will come back online, but usually not.

Two things seem to remedy it temporarily: changing the channel over and back (if live tv) or pausing/resuming (if watching apps like NowTV/Netflix or the bluray player via HDMI). But after another 5-10 minutes the problem usually comes back.

This headset works perflectly with every other piece of harwdare I've tried (various mobiles, a Windows 10 laptop, a MacBook pro, a 2015 model iPad), so I'm guessing it's the TV that's the issue. The software on the headset and the TV is up to date - I even tried resetting the TV to see if an older firmware/software combo would work. No dice.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with the Serif or the related models? If so, did you manage to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

C

7 REPLIES 7
Sam314
First Poster
Options

I've got a very similar problem with the QE43LS03T (Frame) TV and my Bowers and Wilkins PX7 bluetooth headphones. Same problem as described above - initial connection is good, then periodic stuttering, even though I'm in the same room of a very small house, literally 2 metres from the one connect box. As with CFSE15 above, these headphones don't present problems with any other bluetooth device. Disappointing - the TV is brand new. I wondered whether this was a poor range issue, because moving the one connect box from behind the TV did seem to improve the situation slightly. The only other thing I can think is that because the TV (and Internet Radio) are using the 2.4ghz band on the WiFi this may cause interference for Bluetooth, which uses the same frequency I think. 

max0x7ba
Journeyman
Options

Same problem with Samsung Q95T and Sony WF-1000XM3 and Bose SoundLink.

These heaphones work flawlessly when connected to my PC or my Android phone.

0 Likes
EelkoL
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with a Samsung The Frame and Apple airpods pro. Annoying!

0 Likes
EduardoTheFrame32
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with a Samsung The Frame and Apple airpods v2. Annoying!

0 Likes
ckopix
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on 2020 frame 65" and Sony bluetooth headphones.  Has there been any resolution?

0 Likes
Koopas
First Poster
Options

Similar problem here with a 2020 The Frame 75 and a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4 and it is indeed annoying... Well actually I'd rather go for a disgrace to qualify the fact that an obvious bug (can't be propagation/coverage issue with such a short range and a variety of users affected after initially perfect operation) reported by multiple users wouldn't be addressed or at list acknowledged (hell I'd even settle for someone at least challenging it with random attempts most of us desperately have already tried multiple times !) by a Samsung rep at some point after almost a year already...

Sorry guys for the rant but really this kind of disregard for the customers is really getting on my nerves... maybe being in the software business for 20+ years makes it even more frustrating, I don't know... Hey Samsung ? Anyone reading this from whatever outsourced support center before the end of the decade ??? Fingers crossed, I know such a rant probably doesn't help, especially on such forums where the vendor turns over the investigation/resolution burden to the community of users and good samaritans... maybe a couple of shouts on Twitter would do the trick better since it seems it's all that counts... Any thoughts ? Off I go to take my pills 😄

P.S.: Funny enough, if you scroll down you have a least of Top Tags on the Community site where in good position you can find a tag named "Class Action Needed" :'-D ... Just sayin' ... Yet the industry leader DGAF but to be fair the joke's on us consistantly buying admitedly excellent harware with flawed software and poor support... I'm out, I need to double my pills dosage now !

max0x7ba
Journeyman
Options

IMO, the main problem with Samsung TVs is that they use Tizen OS, an Android "competitor" from Samsung. I will not buy another device with Tyzen OS.

0 Likes