Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth headset is connected to Samsung the frame, stops playing after few secs

(Topic created on: 03-02-2020 03:48 PM)
bjvsk
Apprentice
Options

I have a Bose QC 35 headphone, which I successfully connected to my Samsung the Frame 2019, 49". After choosing this device for the sound output, it plays for 1-5 secs through the headphone. And then switches back to the default audio output. The QC 35 is still connected. No error messages shown or heard on any of the devices. What can be wrong?

32 REPLIES 32
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @bjvsk! Are you still having issues with this? Is the TV fully up to date? Try also restarting the TV to see if it helps: unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on. 

0 Likes
bjvsk
Apprentice
Options

Yes, still the same issues. I'm an IT person. Restarting is a very basic advise. It is something in the Tizen software most likely which is causing this. Hope a Samsung engineer can reproduce the issue and list it as a known bug, so it can be fixed in a next software release.

FRRN
Journeyman
Options

Hey! Did you eventually found a solution to it? Or still a bug?

I have the same problem with a Q70R and a pair of Sony WH-1000X M3. 

1337SkynetNinja
First Poster
Options

I have exactly same issue with 2020 version of the 50in the frame tv. Tried rebooting the tv as per you suggestion that didn't help. I know it's not my bluetooth output device as they are right next to the tv

0 Likes
bjvsk
Apprentice
Options

Yes, issue is still the same. I have multiple Bluetooth headsets. It behaves the same for all of them.

FRRN
Journeyman
Options

Hey I found out that a workaround to this is deactivating HDMI-CEC (Anynet+). Then, if you switch to the BT device it stays there.

It is an annoying solution though to activate/deactivate everytime one needs the headphones, specially if the sound is configured to be played through a the ARC HDMI.

Jasper37
Student
Options

Hi - anyone else have a fix for this - as one of the main reasons I bought a new QLED today was for the bluetooth headphone capability. Same problem as above for me stays on Bluetooth headphones (Bose QCs) for 3 seconds and then switches back auto to HDMI sound source (SONOS sound bar).

Wasted my money unless this is fixed! 🤨

Future
First Poster
Options

Hi - Same issue here ,  set up a Frame 2019 49" - bluetooth reverts to the ARC source after 2-3 seconds !! Only way ive found aordun this is to unplug the HDMI into my Sonos AMP while using headphones, so not ideal. Obviously this is related only to external speakers / spuinds sources and its switches fine from the internal speakers to bluetooth.  Will keep looking for a solution - but like others this is not great as headphones are essential for my use !!! :thinking-face:

0 Likes
FRRN
Journeyman
Options

Hi, please read my previous message. I think it is easier to deactivate Anynet while using the BT device.

Nonetheless, I hope someone from Samsung is reading this and addressing this issue on a coming update. We are are a lot of customers dealing with this.