Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth headset connects to the tv but no sound

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 04:24 PM)
Kevinwilde
Student
Options

Brand new tv model UE55TU8500UXXU

After I connect a Bluetooth headset it connects and works Ok the first time.
After that when it connects the tv speaker stops but nothing comes through on the headset.
I have tried 3 different models, including iBuds and get the same issue.

the TV is on the latest 1304.0 firmware.

As we only bought the tv because of the Bluetooth ability this is very annoying, is there a solution or should I take the tv back.

Another issue is after deleting a Bluetooth device on the tv, if I turn the device on again the tv ask if i want to connect?.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Kevinwilde ,

I can see that the latest software version available for this model is the version 1402.4Bear in mind, that sometimes the TV doesn't display new updates. In this case, we would recommend updating it via USB. To do it, you will need to go to this link:https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55TU8500UXXU/ Once there, scroll down to Download Manual, at the bottom click Show More. Please download the following files:

• Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1402.4 (MULTI LANGUAGE): All Windows.

You can follow the Upgrade Guide for full instructions on how to update your TV via USB. You will also need a blank USB stick. After downloading the Upgrade File, make sure you extract the file from the folder. Keep in mind that this file is a “Self Extracting” one and needs Double clicking from a Windows PC to start the .exe file process. Also, make sure that you place the extracted file in the root directory of the USB stick.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Kevinwilde ,

I can see that the latest software version available for this model is the version 1402.4Bear in mind, that sometimes the TV doesn't display new updates. In this case, we would recommend updating it via USB. To do it, you will need to go to this link:https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55TU8500UXXU/ Once there, scroll down to Download Manual, at the bottom click Show More. Please download the following files:

• Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1402.4 (MULTI LANGUAGE): All Windows.

You can follow the Upgrade Guide for full instructions on how to update your TV via USB. You will also need a blank USB stick. After downloading the Upgrade File, make sure you extract the file from the folder. Keep in mind that this file is a “Self Extracting” one and needs Double clicking from a Windows PC to start the .exe file process. Also, make sure that you place the extracted file in the root directory of the USB stick.

0 Likes
Kevinwilde
Student
Options

Many thanks for your prompt reply, that sorted the issue.