Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth headphones on TV

(Topic created on: 10-01-2017 10:39 AM)
SFToy
First Poster
Options

Hi, my father has a 46f8000stxxu tv, and is hard of hearing.  He therefore wants to connect bluetooth headphones to the tv, whilst hving the sound still playing to others in the room.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  When I had a look at the tv I couldn't even find the Bluetooth menu so any help would be really appreciated.  Thank you!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
HIFi
Journeyman
Options

If your TV has Bluetooth, it will be in the "Sound" menu under "Speaker settings". But connecting a "Bluetooth" headset will Mute the sound on the TV itself. You can purchase "wireless" headphones, that may allow sound on the tv at the same time.

0 Likes
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @SFToy,

The F8000 doesn't feature Bluetooth headphone connectivity. 

To allow sound to travel through both the TV speakers and headphones, we recommend connecting the headphones to the Optical port. You won't need to adjust any settings in the TV, the sound will simply pass through the speakers and headphones.

We hope this helps. 

Superglo69
First Poster
Options

I have just purchased a new Samsung Tv UE43TU7100 and this has bluetooth I have an audio optical port also none of them work for my avantree headphones and transmitter each time the message on screen headphones are paired and then it says please turn on device it is turned on.

On my older samsung the sound settings had an external option I use to go to tools and change settings for tv speaker or headphones which was external.

It seems the more advanced the tv's are the worse they are Can anyone help I cannot get samsung support on the tv it is not coming on screen only numbers to quote back but you cannot get through

0 Likes
Audio video
Apprentice
Options

You can have both TV speakers and Bluetooth headphones simultaneously.  The problem is SAMSUNG needs to update firmware so the multiple speaker option stays ON even after turning either one off or on, or say the next day when you turn tv back on.  Currently it switches back to the automatic of shutting the multi option OFF. Please fix this Samsung

0 Likes
Audio video
Apprentice
Options

Currently Samsung has a multi-function speaker option. However the default is “no”.  It automatically sets to off when you turn off the TV or the Bluetooth device such as headphones.  This needs fixed by a firmware update by Samsung to let it on all the time.

0 Likes