Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth for hard of hearing

(Topic created on: 09-06-2020 02:07 PM)
lifeofriley
Student
Options

My father is hard of hearing and for over a year has listened to the TV through bluetooth ear buds using a bluetooth transmitter plugged into the TV. Now he has a Samsung UE43TU7000 and it's great but we would like to disable the main speakers so that the sound only comes out of the bluetooth, this way he dosn't deafen the neibours when the bluetooth disconnects. Is it also possible for it to be set so that the bluetooth auto connects when a registerd device is turned on.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @lifeofriley ,

you should be able to select the sound source by following these steps:

1. Press the House icon Home button on your remote control to bring up the Smart Hub and then select Gear cog Settings.

2. Scroll down to the General settings and select Accessibility.

3. Scroll down and select Multi-out Audio. Press enter on your remote control to turn this feature on or off.

In regard to the headset connecting automatically, as far as I'm aware you would need to connect them manually to the TV each time you wish to use the headphones. 

0 Likes
lifeofriley
Student
Options

Thanks for your post but what I want to do is disable the TV's speakers. if the bluetooth disconnects due to the battery dieing the TV will blast out from the speakers. 

0 Likes