Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth distortion

(Topic created on: 21-06-2022 01:28 PM)
ErickOdinson
Student
Options

Hi everyone, everytime that I am using my Bluetooth headphones on my Samsung TV RU7400, randomly for 2 -4 seconds there is a distorted sound as if out of Bluetooth coverage range. But this is not the case, I am literally in front of the TV.

- already tried turning off Anynet option.

- unlink and link the Bluetooth headphones.

- restarting the TV.

- tried with 3 different Bluetooth headphones and the issue is the same.

- Latest firmware installed on both devices.

TV model: RU7400 55"

Any solution will be appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ErickOdinson Hello, it is very likely that you have interference from an electrical device at home.

Try as a last option Reset Smart hub and reconfigure.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
ErickOdinson
Student
Options

I also use Bluetooth headphones connect to my phone and I don't have this issue.

However, I checked any electric device at home that could be creating an interference and the problem on the TV persist.

I also rested the Smart hub with no success 

RadioSteve
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my new QN85. Samsung Earbuds Live work perfecly with my Samsung smartphone and my laptop but not with the TV. I tried also other earbuds. Did the same measures as ErickOdinson for no avail.

0 Likes
Ron823
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem, which is how I ended up here.  If you look at the TV's eManual, it even says that when it doesn't work to use a wired headset.  It's ridiculous.  The only solution is to download the streaming app to your DVD/BluRay player or video game console.  If you don't have either of those, then you're pretty much screwed.  But I did that with HBO+ using my XBox and the stuttering stopped completely.

0 Likes
roberto73ge
First Poster
Options

I have the same Issue with my ru7450.   I have galaxy buds live and galaxy buds 2 pro. Same Issue only with my samsung tv. My buds works good with any smartphone and also with my lg tv. 

0 Likes
Mansel Nott
First Poster
Options

I have this exact problem. I am considering in asking for a refund. It’s a shame as I only buy Samsung TVs and have 5 altogether. However, this problem is coupled with another 2 issues:

Very low light scenes, show so dark you can barely see what is happening.

As well as the Bluetooth popping, Apple AirPods connect as normal but when you change channel they go silent, until you disconnect Bluetooth and reconnect the AirPods. An issue Apple acknowledged they have had some feedback on but without Samsung’s interest they can not progress in supporting the problem.

For me the popping noise in the wireless earphones is occurring in other earphones I own, so the issue is not with the earphones. It’s not electrical interference as they work great connected to other things. The common problem here, is the Samsung TV.

Samsung sent me a tech guy, who admitted it’s an issue and replaced the motherboard. Still same issue. He even said Samsung will probably shrug its shoulders over this and say that it’s just the way it is,

All in all, like most tech companies nowadays, they don’t listen or care about the consumer.

0 Likes
Emager
First Poster
Options

I unplugged the TV and it worked again after plugging it back in.

0 Likes
Alf57
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue but my QN95, the headphones and buds work OK with live TV, it only happens when streaming, I have tried my Samsung ear buds pro 2 and 2 wireless headphones, it is really frustrating
0 Likes