Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connection issue on UE32M5500 TV

(Topic created on: 28-01-2021 08:05 PM)
Dillspooch
Apprentice
Options

My UE32M5500 TV received an automatic firmware update in December. Since then the Bose Quiet Connect 35 ii headset that I had previously paired with this TV will no longer connect.

I removed the pairing from both the TV and the headset and tried to re-pair the two devices, but they won't pair, it just says unable to pair after 30 seconds or so. The TV does see the headset and lists it, and then when I press the pair option on the TV screen, that's when it fails to connect.

The TV has the latest firmware release (1290.3 from December 16 2020). The Bose headset also has the latest firmware (4.8.1) from a few months ago.

I requested online help from support who suggested a TV reset. I'm reluctant to do this, partly because it shouldn't be necessary, partly because I have a feeling it won't make a difference, and partly because I have an endless list of apps I'd need to sign in to with again.

I hope it's not screwed by the firmware. I got this TV specifically because the 32" size and its support for bluetooth,  and Samsung don't make 32" TV's with bluetooth anymore.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I can pair these two again?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So you were offered a potential solution but won't try it? Resetting cures many ills not just TVs but computers, phones, tablets etc. I understand the reluctance because it is a pain to set up apps again but this works in a lot of instances so I would encourage you to bite the bullet.
Dillspooch
Apprentice
Options
thanks for your reply. didn't say I wouldn't try it, just reluctant to if there's a better solution. I'm aware a reset might help. I will try it when it becomes the only option left to me.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Dillspooch  Resetting may be the only solution and whilst no guarantee can often fix issues, even if  annoying having to set apps up again  Have you tried holding in power button for 5 seconds or disconnecting Tv for a few minutes   just to see if that makes any difference?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Dillspooch
Apprentice
Options
hi, thanks to all. its now working. this morning a tried it one more time after dozens of previous attempts yesterday, and it worked. didn't do anything differently, no idea why it was so troublesome before. relieved I didn't need to reset the tv (life is too short).
0 Likes