Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue patches on my smart tv screen

(Topic created on: 08-07-2018 01:16 PM)
Lealoutipo
First Poster
Options

Hi! 

Recently, blue patches have appeared on the screen of my  PS51F5500 tv. 

there is a strop across the bottom horizontally and then a roundish patch in the centre. You can’t see it all of the time. Only if the screen is white or Pink. (So faces turn blueish when is those areas of screen) 

I have done a reset and also the screen tests. The fault is visible in test one (white and black strips) but can’t be seen on beach pic test two. 

I think it may be a cable like the hdmi but it’s like that when playing dvds too! 

Any suggestions please?

9 REPLIES 9
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Lealoutipo

This sounds like a hardware fault as the issue still occurs during the tests. How long have you had your TV for? If you have had it for more than 12 months, we'd recommend getting in touch with our engineers at a Support Centre for an inspection. You can use this link here to help you locate your nearest one!

:womanhappy:

heatherhill
Apprentice
Options

I also have blue patches on my led uhd screen.  Refer to photo. Patches at bottom right, bottom left and top left.. blue patchesblue patches

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Have you also tried a picture test, @heatherhill? What's the model code of your TV?

0 Likes
heatherhill
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chris

The model is UA40HU7000UXXA

I was now on a live chat to samsng here in south africa. We tried the picture test, and then ended up  upgrading the firmware to latest level. The problem persists so he said I must take it to the nearest agent 83km away. 

Fair enough, he did all he could I think. Do you have any alternative suggestion?

Peter

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

It does sound as though the TV needs to be inspected by a Samsung approved engineer, we're afraid, Peter.

Have you been in touch with the Service Centre directly to see if they can arrange a home inspection?

0 Likes
heatherhill
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion but its out of warranty . I will call them and maybe send a photo before I drive that far.

thanks for the hlep

Peter

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem, Peter. Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
ann1960
First Poster
Options
Hi this blue circle has appeared on my 70inch Samsung tv. I've only had the tv 19 months. Any idea what it could be20221125_181853_1000006601_1669400335.jpg
0 Likes
Justin M
First Poster
Options

The tv I have also has blue patches, however the service centre I called up won't give me a quote and said they will only give me a quote after I take it in and pay $150 for an assessment. I'm in Melb, AUS. What a load of bs. This would be a regular issue as I read this thread so they would have some idea what the approximate price/quote is to fix this issue. All about how much money they can squeeze out of us. I think I'll take it to the tip and go an buy something else.

0 Likes