Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen with sound with Virgin V6 box

(Topic created on: 22-05-2020 09:41 AM)
Leon68
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I decided to upgrade my old Samsung smart TV and purchased a UE43RU7400UXXU, nice upgrade, I have Virgin and a TiVO V6 box, I had no issues with my old TV and everything was fine with my new TV until about 3/4 weeks ago, when switching on there was Sound and all the Virgin Menu's were on screen but the screen was blank not showing the picture, after powering down and reset numerous times, changed the HDMI leads and different ports on TV, Changed Video settings down to 1080 pass through, even tried changing the Ethernet cable(To say i did it if needing to talk Virgin), checked the Virgin forum and loads were saying they had issues with this after Firmware updates on TV's, reset the TV and Hey Presto all good again, Sorry but this was not the end of it, this morning, 2 days after doing that it happened again, so initially i disconnected the V6 and waited but this did not cure it, so unplugged the TV for a few minutes and everything was OK, Finally had a Picture to go with the sound, can anyone shed any light on this or if anybody from Samsung is reading these posts help out, my latest Software update is 1356 and there a no further updates to install.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Andydunwoodie
First Poster
Options

So a virgin media engineer came out and told me virgin and Samsung don’t sync together. I was told to turn the power at the socket for the TV only. It works. It’s a pain turning it on and off at the socket but it seems to be the only solution 

0 Likes
Kempo69
First Poster
Options

I have fixed my black screen issue with Samsung TV and Virgin media after countless phone calls etc . You don’t need to unplug your TV just press and hold the power button on the remote , this reboots the TV and the picture appears every time. Thank me later , buy me a beer

0 Likes
Shunta
First Poster
Options
@Kempo Well done, this' been p'ing me off no end with my Samsung n V box even tho it'd all been good from start for months then started (no updates I'm aware of in this time) holding the TV remote power button til it switches off and then boots back up works great! Thanks
0 Likes