Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen SAMSUNG QE55Q700TATXXU 55" Smart 8K HDR QLED TV

(Topic created on: 30-06-2021 08:49 PM)
AlHants
Journeyman
Options

Whilst watching my 8-month old TV last night, the screen suddenly went black and hasn't come back since. The audio is still there. It doesn't matter what input I try - even unplugged all the inputs- still no picture just audio.  Any ideas anyone?

UPDATE: Jan 2022. Why oh why did I trust Samsung? This TV model is obviously faulty and yet they persist in fobbing off with promises of repairs that last a few months before recurring.

I should have taken notice of alarm bells after the first purchase was returned to Curry's after just a few days - as it kept switching itself off. It was replaced with the same model ; this one lasted six months. In June 2021, I reported the SAME fault and it was repaired. And then - another 6 months later (just before Xmas), it goes AGAIN - no picture. They came today to repair it - and they couldn't. "It's probably the motherboard" they say.

I am done with SAMSUNG. If they think I spent £2000 on this TV and now expect me to just let it rest then they're mistaken.

208 REPLIES 208
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AlHants   I suggest you power off the Tv and unplug at the wall for 30 seconds before trying again, see if that makes a difference.   If still no joy have you tried different ports for some of the connections ,you may need to try different HDMI cables somewhere down the line if there is an issue there.    

For general troubleshooting see here https://www.samsung.com//support/troubleshooting/TSG01109749/#tv-with-a-one-connect-box-has-no-pictu... 

For reference the latest firmware update is 1497 https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55Q700TATXXU/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AlHants: If the issue persists following the steps provided by @JAMES4578 please try powering on the TV and pressing the Home button on your remote. Does the Home menu appear on screen? If not, press and hold the Power button on the remote, and continue to hold it until the boot logo is displayed on screen. Does the picture return following these steps? If the problem persists, please reach out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333 where an advisor will be able to arrange for the TV to be inspected and repaired by one of our authorised engineers. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

WhoseThis
Apprentice
Options
My Samsung TV has just done the same... it's not a new model either! Turned if off and on again and it seemed to rectify it.
barrygiles99
First Poster
Options

Ihave a samsung qe55q700t 8k set with the same problem. I have been trying to resolve the issue with Samsung for the last 17 days, only to be told it needs a new screen but they no longer make this screen. It's only 8 months old!!!!!!!!. What sort of manufacture support is this. They have now agreed to give me my money back. Don't bye a Samsung set. Bye the way the last Samsung set I had was replaced because of faults they could not fix.

Nana123
Journeyman
Options

I contacted Samsung and they are sending me an engineer on Thursday to see if they can fix  the black screen look.  If already the tv is out of date due to its screen i will not be impressed as its only 3months old.  Tried everything they told me to do and no picture at all.  A good job i can watch tv on my iPad.

1day tv
Apprentice
Options

I was buy tv today. And i have same problem. Nothing help.

Samsung QE65Q950TSTXXH 8K QLED

Ropper75
Pioneer
Options
Same has just happened to my 700t less than 6 months old. Had no bother until the other day when I put it down to sky box but then is started to happen almost every 30 mins until like yours it wouldn’t come back on. Left it off at wall for few hours and it came back on but the last 2 days same issues and getting worse. Called Samsung after redirection from Richer Sounds had to send a video and was told I’d get a call back within 4 hrs yet 24 hours later nothing from them. Along with the screen judder starting to think there was a reason these TVs were so cheap compared to others on the market🤬
CB92
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I've just had the exact same issue. After 8 months, I was watching TV and it went blank. Samsung are saying it is damaged, but to me it is was faulty when i bought it as there is no damage on it. Was it due to your persistence that they gave you the money back? Did you speak to management? Sorry for the questions but I'm at my wits end.
Thanks.
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

absolute ***** if they are trying to say you’ve damaged it. Plenty of people on here with the same issue and a lot seem to have only had their TVs 6-12 month. Awaiting engineer to come out to view it but if they try that with me it will go higher