Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre Issue with Samsung TV (QE50Q60TAU)

(Topic created on: 22-03-2023 11:17 AM)
Tobi1999
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I hope that if you’re reading this you can help me fix my TV.

Last week I was casually playing on my Playstation, and randomly my screen froze, most of it went black/green and then it turned off and on again. I have tried to restart it, it worked fine for about 3 minutes but then the issue started happening again.

I have tried to message the technical support but I haven’t heard back from them since this issue happened. I have attached a photo and a video to better explain the issue. 

I hope that someone can find a solution to this bizarre issue.

981A00BE-18F8-4AC0-A000-9B00772CB871.jpeg

59 REPLIES 59
AndrewL
Options

@Tobi1999: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your TV. Does the problem occur on all channels and sources? If you connect your Playstation or set top box to another HMDI port, does the issue persist? 

In the meantime, as a general troubleshooting step, please try powering off the TV, unplug it at the wall for 30 seconds, plug it back in and power back on with the remote. Alternatively, press and hold the Power button on the remote until the TV restarts. Let me know how you get on. 

Tobi1999
Apprentice
Options

Hi AndrewL,

Yes, the problem occurs on all sources, I’ve tried all of the general troubleshooting steps listed on the Samsung website but none seem to work. 

The picture I have taken of the issue was when I was watching some football highlights on the Youtube app.

Also, I have recently taken the TV to a technician and they have suggested that there’s a problem with the screen but I don’t think that’s the case as it works perfectly fine when freshly turned on, and then the issue appears after couple minutes of watching.

0 Likes
Darkestblue
Student
Options

Hi Tobi, don't mean to hijack your thread but I've just had this identical issue with my TV today, the exact same model as well. 

I've posted also myself and hoping for a response there or here to fix this!

Tobi1999
Apprentice
Options

Hi DarkestBlue,

No worries, hopefully we can find someone who can sort this out

0 Likes
0ne
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Like Darkestblue, I thought I'd jump in to say my TV started doing the same thing in mid-December 2022, two weeks after its warranty expired. Same model. Still looking for a possible fix.

0 Likes
Rodgerb21
First Poster
Options

Saw your post Just to say i have same model only 2 years old with similar problem switching on/off screen lines etc 

diagnosed that needs new screen but no guarantee effectively no economic repair 

For a 2 year old product an absolute disgrace 

technician told me huge number of these Samsung TVs having problems all produced during pandemic possible dust in the inner workings causing it ..... why is Samsung not recalling or helping ? 

0 Likes
ale223
First Poster
Options
I have the exact same issue, bought it in 2020 december. How can it be a screen issue if it works just fine for the first 3 minutes and then keeps turning off, then on being ok for the first few seconds and then turns off again and again?
Seems like a samsung recall issue, how can they be OK with loads of people having similar issues not even 2-3 years after purchasing a brand new item???
0 Likes
FrancescoGRZ
First Poster
Options

Hi from Italy: same issue happened just a few hours ago.

Black screen, the tv keeps turning on and off by itself.
No chance to use the remote: it doesn't respond.

TV bought on november 2020, warranty expired 3 months ago. Plus, the TV broke today who also happens to be my birthday 😡...

0 Likes
Franklin Machado
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue.

0 Likes