Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bixby not working on Samsung Smart Remote

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 11:25 AM)
admn86
First Poster
Options

Good morning all,

I have searched the forums in regards to similar issues to the ones i am facing with my Bixby and tried all solutions i could find, i haven't replied in any of them as they are rather old.

The solutions i've tried are:

* Reset Samsung Smart Remote through the method unplug TV, press back with colour buttons to reset, turn on TV and resync;

* Check TV software up to date;

* Reseted settings;

* Reinstalled apps;

* Changed voice recognition settings and country language;

* Resetted network connections, forgot them and reconnected;

* Changed batteries on the remote;

* Cleared cache and freed up memory;

* Cleared data from apps;

Model: UE43RU7470U (more details under in picture taken, bought in the UK at Currys PC World)

Firmware/Software update version is 1356.

Nothing worked so far. TV was a month old when it stopped working one day to another and it has been like that so far.

Error i am getting is "It's taking me a while to respond because of too many tasks. Get back to me later." - regardless of being using the TV for hours or after a restart.

Please advise.

Thanks,

André

IMG_20200616_094132__01.jpg

IMG_20200616_094045.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @admn86 ,

that is strange. If you would like we can request a new remote to be sent to you to see if the issue is with this or the TV. To do this we will need some information from you. Can you send us a message from here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597

0 Likes
Garry5
First Poster
Options

Hi, mine has started doing the same thing this morning as soon as i turned it on, i dont know what tasks it is doing as I haven't asked it to do anything. It was ok last night when i turned it off. My game mode settings have also gone really poor picture quality. I only use bixby to turn game mode on or off thats how i noticed it wasn't working correctly 

0 Likes
ScottMGN
First Poster
Options

Hi

Bixby has stopped working. "Too many tasks..." Tried resetting with power / 4 coloured buttons / network / memory cache clear / etc. Still not working. What do I do next??

Scott

0 Likes
ImperialCrab
First Poster
Options

In our experience Bixby is vaporware. Nice TV though.

0 Likes