Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC1 HD Sound issues

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 01:44 PM)
EdinCraig
Journeyman
Options

Anyone having sound dropouts on BBC1 HD channel. Have been having 'stutters' since last Friday in Edinburgh. Only on this channel. Searching online, this has been reported in other forums (virgin; BT) in various Scottish Central Belt locations.  Consensus is that this is transmission issue but no idea how to report/escalate.

0 Likes
Go to solution
14 REPLIES 14
EdinCraig
Journeyman
Options

Hi @james4578,

further to the note from @Hollybobs1 on Saturday, whatever has been done seems to have resolved this issue for me, with no action required on my part. I raised a ticket with BBC & when they contact me, I will ask about root-causes etc but all seems ok now.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@EdinCraig wrote:

Hi @james4578,

further to the note from @Hollybobs1 on Saturday, whatever has been done seems to have resolved this issue for me, with no action required on my part. I raised a ticket with BBC & when they contact me, I will ask about root-causes etc but all seems ok now.

Good to hear @EdinCraig .    However yes would be wise to raise  how the problem occured.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Solution
EdinCraig
Journeyman
Options

Finally got a response from the Beeb today. They have confirmed it was their issue which they fixed as below.

"

The first time you contacted us we we unaware of a problem but then we began to receive further viewer enquiries, describing the same symptoms. The technical team initiated an investigated however it was quite tricky due to the intermittent nature of the problem. I'm pleased to say they eventually tracked it down to an equipment failure in the central coding centre and it was finally fixed on Saturday 2nd November.

Thanks again for contacting us and I apologise for any inconvenience"

Hollybobs1
Apprentice
Options

@EdinCraig 

Thankyou so much for posting this. You had a much more comprehensive reply than I did, or others that have been active on a Virgin Media Community forum. 

All certainly seems to be fine since the second fix on the 2nd.

Thanks again,

happy viewing and listening 

H

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@EdinCraig  Thanks for letting us know, at least you got  a bit more of a detailed response.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes