Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC1 HD Sound issues

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 01:44 PM)
EdinCraig
Journeyman
Options

Anyone having sound dropouts on BBC1 HD channel. Have been having 'stutters' since last Friday in Edinburgh. Only on this channel. Searching online, this has been reported in other forums (virgin; BT) in various Scottish Central Belt locations.  Consensus is that this is transmission issue but no idea how to report/escalate.

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hopefully the resets sort the issue out, keep us up to date @EdinCraig .     Have not had issues myself, though do use Freeview much.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
EdinCraig
Journeyman
Options

Finally got a response from the Beeb today. They have confirmed it was their issue which they fixed as below.

"

The first time you contacted us we we unaware of a problem but then we began to receive further viewer enquiries, describing the same symptoms. The technical team initiated an investigated however it was quite tricky due to the intermittent nature of the problem. I'm pleased to say they eventually tracked it down to an equipment failure in the central coding centre and it was finally fixed on Saturday 2nd November.

Thanks again for contacting us and I apologise for any inconvenience"

View solution in context

14 REPLIES 14
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@EdinCraig wrote:

Anyone having sound dropouts on BBC1 HD channel. Have been having 'stutters' since last Friday in Edinburgh. Only on this channel. Searching online, this has been reported in other forums (virgin; BT) in various Scottish Central Belt locations.  Consensus is that this is transmission issue but no idea how to report/escalate.

Hi @EdinCraig  I do not have  a problem myself, however seems it  has been reported that tranmsmission issues have been fixed in some areas.  I  am not clear if your issue is with  Freeview or a Cable/Satellite  provider, however the BBC site seems to give contact options for the various providers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
EdinCraig
Journeyman
Options

Thanks @james4578 - it is Freeview, so will progress through this BBC-route.

Hollybobs1
Apprentice
Options

Hi, after all the usual elimination processes, including assistance from Samsung it is clearly a BBC signal issue irrespective of platform it is delivered to.

I have raised a ticket with the beeb but with a predicted response time of within 10 working days.

I am also actively watching the issue on a VM forum and they too have raised a ticket. The VM engineer who visited was escalating it too.

Hope this helps.

The more of us that raise the issue to the BBC will hopefully increase the probability of a speedy reaction from them. Hope it is solved soon for us. Best wishes

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Hollybobs1 wrote:

Hi, after all the usual elimination processes, including assistance from Samsung it is clearly a BBC signal issue irrespective of platform it is delivered to.

I have raised a ticket with the beeb but with a predicted response time of within 10 working days.

I am also actively watching the issue on a VM forum and they too have raised a ticket. The VM engineer who visited was escalating it too.

Hope this helps.

The more of us that raise the issue to the BBC will hopefully increase the probability of a speedy reaction from them. Hope it is solved soon for us. Best wishes

Thanks for  reporting back @Hollybobs1 ,  may take  a bit of time before this is resolved .    Certainly going down all routes should hopefully make a difference.

0 Likes
Hollybobs1
Apprentice
Options

Hello again, we had a msg on the Virgin Media forum from the moderators a few hours ago. We were asked to reset our tivo/v6 boxes. Since I have done this, it seems to have cleared the issue. Can’t help with other platforms i’m afraid, but if fixed for us I can only hope other providers have solved it too.

Fingers crossed for it being sorted for everyone. 

EdinCraig
Journeyman
Options

Thanks @hollybobs1. I have 2 questions:

1) Anyone have any idea how to do similar on Samsung equipment. I have UE55MU8000 tv with associated Samsung Soundbar;

2) given the Virgin request to reboot, do they then know root-cause of issue and what has changed to require you to do this? 
thanks.

0 Likes
Hollybobs1
Apprentice
Options

@EdinCraig

Hi, 

1 - My equipment is all Samsung too and thought at first it was the soundbar and was really miffed. Turned it off and the issue was still there. 

I have had this intermittent issue for a long time but it was amplified when we got the new Samsung equipment (replaced a perfectly fine Samsung tv, I just didn’t get on with the curved model) . Finally decided to do something about it and Virgin quickly came out and replaced all the equipment and tested everything.....problem still there.

Samsung sound and system all tested and no problems.

Searched internet and found the virgin media forum which is moderated by vm and saw others in central belt having same issue with BBC1 HD (Scotland). Then contacted BBC myself and raised a ticket and vm did the same too. Other platforms were experiencing same issue aswell and forum members were trying to get their providers to escalate concerns as well.

2 - yesterday we (vm customers) were asked to reboot our boxes. Since then all seems well. No response as yet by the moderators (vm) as to the root of the issue, but to be fair I am no longer an electronics engineer so it would be way over my head. I am a nurse and also doing post grad university study, so am just happy to relax and unwind with a good picture and great sound on my Samsung system!

i would hope that the issues with Freeview and BT have also been addressed during this. If he reboot worked for vm, I hope it has worked for them too.

Hope this helps, H

0 Likes
EdinCraig
Journeyman
Options

Great thanks @hollybobs1. 
So far this afternoon, we too are all ok in Edin. Will check back later when I've had a chance for more prolonged viewing/listening.  Thanks for your help.

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hopefully the resets sort the issue out, keep us up to date @EdinCraig .     Have not had issues myself, though do use Freeview much.

0 Likes