Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Red Button not working

(Topic created on: 05-07-2017 09:22 AM)
MarkGovier
Apprentice
Options

UE48H6700 with current software; I just checked AND did a factory reset. The BBC Red Button+ service (nor the plain Red Button) won't work. It does on a connected BT TV box AND the internet is connecting as the iPlayer, YouTube etc. does work. What can I try?

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
AntS
Options
AnthonyShore1
First Poster
Options

Didn't help me thou. 

0 Likes
MarkGovier
Apprentice
Options

I tried this last night. Sorry, no different. Still get the same error message as at the beginning of this thread.

Software still claims to be up to date and the version number reported suggests this. Have tried a "factory" reset and reset the SmartHub. Both made no difference.

It seems it also made no difference for AnthonyShore1

Other "online" services work fine. Like YouTube etc.

0 Likes
AnthonyShore1
First Poster
Options

Yep same here, completely reset tv and hub no diff. 

Everthing is working other than the red button on the Beeb 

0 Likes
dnpark38
First Poster
Options

I get exaclty the same problem and after Searching in Google so do all Samsung Smart owners of our vintage of TV.

Now after reading here as well I conclude you at Samsung or not doing an upgrade to our Tv sets to make them work them work.

This is yet another upgrade that my TV as needed due to in my opion poor initial design of Samsung TV Smart Tvs not compling fully with the Standards for UK Digital TV.

Those that have contacted Samsung Support like here have been fobbed off.

I'm very dissappionted in a TV that is only 2 years old and cost £1700 is now obselete.

0 Likes
Andrewpick
First Poster
Options

Same position here. Seems Samsung are no different to other manufacturers and have little interest in maintaining systems once sold. Very disappointing that no solution has been provided

0 Likes
dnpark38
First Poster
Options

Have found it now to be working.

0 Likes
Gyg56
First Poster
Options

I've just discovered I have the same problem with the red button not working on my Samsung tv.

Has anyone had any luck in getting this sorted?

0 Likes
MarkGovier
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone with the red button working tell me the version of the iplayer app (the only BBC thing in the list) that they have. Mine dates from July 2016 (see attached photo). Press and hold the enter button whilst highlighting the app icon.

I saw a couple of apps update yesterday and I tried to get updates today and a couple of other apps updated but not iplayer or anything BBC related.Current version of iPlayer installedCurrent version of iPlayer installedHow can I force a more recent update if such a thing exists. I believe this to be out of date as it still talks of 7 days; iPlayer has been 30 days for quite some time now.

0 Likes
MarkGovier
Apprentice
Options
If you check through this thread below you will see that this is still not solved. I even tried a USB update to the latest version downloadable today. The TV has 2880 on it and hub etc. has been reset a couple of times since I last wrote. Red button still not working; what else can be done? Or shall I have to make a formal complaint to Samsung UK for lack of support?
0 Likes