Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer

(Topic created on: 17-11-2021 12:14 PM)
jfbuk
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

The BBC iPlayer is not re-sizing correctly when I scroll through the menu screens, see attached pics.

I cannot scroll back to the top of the app to use to the top bar menu after scrolling down which is very frustrating

TV Model:QN94AA50

Software Version : T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4BT-5

The app is up to date and this does not happen on other devices so its Samsung TV specific.

I expect Samsung to advise rather than just directing me to the BBC as its only happening on my Samsung TV

John

IMG_20211109_160046755.jpgIMG_20211109_160111916.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you looked at the TV settings, to see what the default aspect settings are set at ?
jfbuk
Journeyman
Options

Yes. Its not  a playback issue.

It only happens with the iPlayer menu screens that's why I was specific about where it happens.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @jfbuk  You have the latest software.    Go to Home - Settings -Picture - Picture Size Settings - Zoom and Position to see if you can sort it out.  If not see if you can reinstall iplayer,   if still issues I would advise that you hold and press the power button for 5 seconds or until Tv reboots and/or unplug from the mains for around 5 minutes. Another idea is a factory reset.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

jfbuk
Journeyman
Options

I repeat that this is not a content playback problem so why would altering the picture size settings help !

0 Likes
Solution
StephK1
Options

Hey @jfbuk! This issue with iPlayer is currently being looked into behind the scenes. For now, to avoid being unable to access the Home bar, please either load the app and then wait a few seconds before navigating, or go to Settings within the iPlayer app and select "Try new features in BBC iPlayer Beta", as the Beta version does not have this issue. Hope this helps 🙂

jfbuk
Journeyman
Options

Thank-You Stephk1

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@jfbuk Did not think adjusting picture settings would help, was more a process of elimination (even if no issue with other apps)    Should have asked which version of iplayer you were using,  hopefully no issue with the Beta version.  This may be mainly affecting   more recent models. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes