Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer UHD Not Working - 2021 The Frame QE43LS03AAUXXU

(Topic created on: 22-01-2023 06:44 PM)
JessaG
First Poster
Options

UHD isn't working on the TV using iPlayer and no UHD logo is showing despite the QE43LS03AAUXXU being on the supported TV list.

Tried, unsuccessfully:

- cold boot;
- full reset and reinstallation of iPlayer;
- firmware update.

The TV is connect via wired ethernet connection to fibre broadband (94Mbps download, 87Mbps upload, 8ms ping). As I have another Samsung TV (QE55Q80RATXXU) which works fine on UHD I suspect it it not network speed related.

Any suggestions welcome.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
theczone
First Poster
Options

I have same experience with 2021 43inch frame. Iplayer not 4K. Yet Prime and AppleTV are. Samsung please help. Poor if we have genuine 4K tvs and key streaming services are not up to scratch on 2021 TVs. 

0 Likes
JessaG
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately little progress.

I contacted the BBC and after sending in some details they confirmed that it had not been certified and hence UHD would not work. The implication was that it was for Samsung to request (and potentially undertake some part of the certification process).

I’m not sure who to contact / how this really happens but unless someone in Samsung picks it up, I think we are stuck. And given its now not a current model, I guess there is less and less chance of that happening. 

Anyone know who to contact in Samsung / how to progress this?

0 Likes