Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC IPLAYER not working on UE40ES8000UXXU with Evolution Kit

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 07:23 PM)
DaveB6565
First Poster
Options

BBC IPlayer works up to the point of selecting a video to watch. On selection a long wait then an error message  "BBC 02001. Something went wrong loading this programme. This is usually a temporary problem. You can retry this programme again or a different prgramme." The same thing happens with BBC SPORT App.

It is suspected that I need a software update to my TV but I'm not convinced yet that its the apps not working properly!

Needless to say I have tried to update my software via the update service. Nothing there.

I have downloaded the software purported to be for my TV, with the "image" folder in the root of the USB stick. It is detected on the USB stick but "No valid files" is displayed.

Samsung have tried remotely to fix the problem, to no avail. They have sent me USB sticks on two different ocassions, both of which are not detected by the TV. On both of these sticks the "image" folder is not in the root. 

The root contains T-ECPDEUC-2023.0, which contains folder T-ECPDEUC which contains the "image" folder.

However the software currently loaded as indicated by TV is  T-ECPDEUT-1016.1,TB-FXPDEUC 1016.1,BT-S/G/K.

What I have not yet mentioned is that I have an "evolution kit" installed.

My belief is that there are two sets of software installed-one on the base TV and the other in the Evolution Kit. Hence the 2 identities neither of which matches the purported software for my TV.

Am I fighting a losing battle, or will I get my IPlayer working again? Note ITV Hub, All4, Netflkix, Amazon Prime all work spendidly. Sadly Eurosport stopped working a year or two ago when they changed their streaming capability with no offer of an update!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Guy2020
First Poster
Options

Yeah I have the same issue anything BBC realated will not play back?

0 Likes
FustratedOne2
Journeyman
Options
Exactly the same problem!

Disappointing to see Samsung support is no use!
0 Likes
FustratedOne2
Journeyman
Options

Now More 4 wont work either

0 Likes