Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer not working on UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 29-03-2020 12:03 PM)
00bm00
First Poster
Options

For a few months BBC iPlayer has not working been working on our UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub. If we click on the Button, it just goes to a black screen. 4OD, ITV and other services are working OK. It won't let me Uninstall the app, so I can't reinstall a new version. It says its on Version 2.02603. If I try and run it from the App Store screen, it still goes to a black screen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
87 REPLIES 87
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Updated official TV Support page link that has a little more info/clarification on the BBC iPlayer issue here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/bbc-iplayer-software-update/ 

Val15
Student
Options

Thanks for the information from dc25. Turned off the TV and did a factory reset as suggested. Works!

StephenD
First Poster
Options

Message for Samsung, all the BBC apps have stopped on the Samsung HT-E8200 Soundbar. I’ve tried the online update but states up to date. Please can you advise? 

0 Likes
Markholtby
First Poster
Options

Hi

Many thanks for this information 

After doing all the resets etc to no avail! I read your message tried it and guess what! It worked

0 Likes
RAYGG
Student
Options

i have a 2013 samsung smart tv modelo UE46F6500MODELO. Back in January i managed to uddate via usb the version 2127.0 and fabulous all app working better than ever. However end of Feb the bbciplayer stop working. Is there another update need or is the problem mre serious.

0 Likes
RAYGG
Student
Options
try update via usb the version 2127.0 find firmware update in Samsung web.
0 Likes
RAYGG
Student
Options
no its not its 2127
0 Likes
st122ee
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problem, I click on bbc Iplayer, it loads then stops and kicks me off the app, then the whole TV is black with no sound, but the Samsung TV channels work. it does not correct its self untill I turn the TV off at the wall, process is repeated when I try to go back onto iplayer.
0 Likes