Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer not working on UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 11-12-2019 04:39 PM)
00bm00
First Poster
Options

For a few months BBC iPlayer has not working been working on our UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub. If we click on the Button, it just goes to a black screen. 4OD, ITV and other services are working OK. It won't let me Uninstall the app, so I can't reinstall a new version. It says its on Version 2.02603. If I try and run it from the App Store screen, it still goes to a black screen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
87 REPLIES 87
jh14
First Poster
Options

cant find alternative software

0 Likes
JesJes
First Poster
Options

@dc25 wrote:

Same issue for me on the UE40ES5500.

This from Samsung...

This is to acknowledge that we have received your email. We're sorry to know that you are having issues with BBC iPlayer app. I understand that you already tried performing the Smart Hub reset, but the issue remains. For us to check it further, we recommend to power cycle the TV by unplugging it from the mains for at least a minute to refresh the system, then plug it back in. Turn the TV on again and perform a soft reset by going to Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. The default PIN is 0000. Please note that all settings will revert back to default.

Once done resetting the TV, try to access again the BBC iPlayer. If the issue will persist, please don't hesitate to email us back so we can further assist you. Have a nice day.

Had to go through the TV set-up process again (date, time, region etc) but it has not worked and I cannot access BBC   iPlayer programs 

0 Likes
Tees
Apprentice
Options

UE48H6400 and UE22H5600 still not working reset smart hub Samsung clearly not bothered still got version 2900 how are some saying that they have got a newer update? 
judt canceled my new Samsung fridge freezer cant be arsed with bad customer service.

shanners
First Poster
Options

I have followed the instructions of switching off TV for one minute etc...but now it says that smarthub is updating..try again later .  But nothing does seem to update.  So the solution has made it worse as I can't access any apps at all now.

0 Likes
LSD1
Apprentice
Options

BBC iPlayer continues to experience buffering on model UE40H6400AKXXU inspite of TV having been reset to factory defaults. . Any suggestions please?

0 Likes
Tees
Apprentice
Options

Tried everything on my two and nothing working. Contacted customer service and messaged on Twitter and not got a reply from either. Shame as the pictures are good on the TVs Shame the customer service is as much use as a wet paper bag 

0 Likes
Christine14
Student
Options

I had a very helpful exchange on Facebook Messenger via Samsung Facebook page.

0 Likes
Sjrt1
Student
Options

Can you share what advice you got, would be helpful

shanners
First Poster
Options

The help desk told me that there is no current solution  - they are working on it - but I should feel better because lots of people are having the same problem.

0 Likes
Christine14
Student
Options

Another update for Samsung Hub is now available and solves the problem for me, anyway, of not being able to use BBCiplayer

0 Likes