Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer not working on UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 11-12-2019 10:50 AM)
00bm00
First Poster
Options

For a few months BBC iPlayer has not working been working on our UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub. If we click on the Button, it just goes to a black screen. 4OD, ITV and other services are working OK. It won't let me Uninstall the app, so I can't reinstall a new version. It says its on Version 2.02603. If I try and run it from the App Store screen, it still goes to a black screen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
86 REPLIES 86
wwrsimon
Student
Options

Thanks for the update Francis. Some midnight oil being burnt, I think. And some egg on some faces...

I'm in the same boat as everyone else:

Model Code: UE22H5600

Software Version: T-MST14DEUC-2900.0

No updates available via the on-screen software update.

0 Likes
Perky51
First Poster
Options

Samsung TV UE46H7000ST, running latest 2900 software, i.e. no updates available. 

BBC indicates my model should be unaffected by their latest changes.  Model not on Samsung list for early 2020 update.

Samsung please resolve this urgently. 

0 Likes
Becca2
Journeyman
Options

I wonder how many chat threads are out there on this issue as I'm part of a group that has the same problem - this is totally crazy that a tech company can't solve this problem from their end!!

My TV isn't listed now on BBC iplayer - I've factory reset and update all new software versions available and still it won't work.

I don't have a clue how to do the USB software update and quite frankly I can't understand why with a TV that is less than 5 years old I should even be having to do it.

There is absolutely no way I'll be buying anything Samsung again - what a stupid issue!!!

TGPB
Apprentice
Options

I've had this problem twice now during the last 2 years as my tv is a 2012 model. As stated previously I updated the software yesterday and it is now working fine. The first time it played up the software update did not work so I deleted the BBC news app and it cured the problem. Just a thought and good luck. 

0 Likes
GeoW
First Poster
Options

Further to my post yesterday regarding not getting BBC iplayer on my Samsung UE32F6200AKXXU, after a further update this morning it is now back and working!!!! (The latest version of the software is 2217(not 1217 as I put on my original posting - my mistyping).  I hope this means that the same might be happening for many of you who have simialarly experienced the same problems with iplayer on your Samsung TV.  Thanks for the postings and responses on this forum.

0 Likes
Bakery1
First Poster
Options

Just checked mine again and iPlayer is now working - the software version is showing as 2127 - hopefully it will be OK now

0 Likes
Tees
Apprentice
Options

Mines still saying no update available version 2900 on mine 

0 Likes
redbullman
First Poster
Options

still stuck on 2900.  Samsung any official statement please !!!!!!!

0 Likes
jh14
First Poster
Options

will not allow me to either sofware update or self diagnosis says function not available

model no ue32es5500

software version T-MSTIOPDEUC-200TD

SERIAL NO B4CL3HDC501149A

0 Likes
Tees
Apprentice
Options

Mines still not working and I can't screen mirror either now ?

0 Likes