Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer Not Loading Error 02001

(Topic created on: 16-01-2018 07:40 PM)
GFa71
Apprentice
Options

Hi. For 2+ months now I've been unable to load programmes in BBC iPlayer app on my new Samsung UE49MU7070 TV, 2017 model. All menus load fine but every programme I choose has continous spinning circle and after 30 seconds always ends with cannot load error message 02001. I have tried every reset possible and all firmware/software is right up to date, have tweaked most tv settings, searched the internet for a solution, and have got nowhere with iPlayer and Samsung support. All other on demand TV and Netflix, Amazon etc works fine and internet connection is the best. There was a couple of weeks after purchase when iPlayer worked ok but not anymore and I don't know what's changed. I am at a loss, can anyone help please, I can't be the only one with this problem? Thanks.

108 REPLIES 108
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options

I see BBC iplayer news and issues page has removed this Samsung error. So, has this been fixed now?

My iplayer version 1.13 hasn't changed and there isn't any newer Samsung software for my 49" Q7F QLED than the ver 1155.1 already installed, so am I missing something?

0 Likes
tydraig
Apprentice
Options

I have the BBC iPlayer problem Not Loading Error 02001 also, my TV is EU49MU6670 Software version T-KTMDEUC-1151.1 , BT-S purchased from Currys PC world on 16/12/2017. All other smart tv streaming applications work on this TV without a problem, iPlayer has worked without problem until recently, I have also checked by changing the DNS server from automatic to 8.8.8.8 and it has made no difference. I have checked iPlayer on my PC's and Tablets on the same network and these all function correctly.

Assuming I did not have an external TV antenna or a satellite dish and wished only to recieve only non-live tv the Set is not fit for purpose currently and I would like an explanation as to why it will not work as advertised and inteneded.

If the problem is not fixed soon I will be making a claim as I have the right to a repair or replacement under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and have had the TV less than 6 months.

Regards

Carl Morris

0 Likes
Student
Options

Hi,

Sorry to say that I have had the same problem, since about this time last year.

All my apps work fine, BBC too, unless you try and run video and then I get the Error 02001.  I am using a 2016 Samsung smart tv - which worked with the iplayer for a while and then stopped.  Samsung said something about the BBC slow to issue certificates - but all I know is that I cannot run the iplayer in the usual way to see stuff, and I am very disappointed.

Did anyone have a fix. other than use your tv as a glorified monitor and plug your pc into it?!

Thanks.

0 Likes
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options

Nope, still not working. Waiting for next firmware update but seems a long time coming.

Unhappy that this has gone on for so long and will think about buying a different make of TV next time. I feel totally duped into spending 2K on a so called flagship TV that can't even run iplayer. I've had to purchase an Amazon FireStick to watch BBC iplayer programmes. It's ludicrous.

0 Likes
Hal1
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem with a brand new QE65Q7C - I could get into the iplayer app but it would not actually play any programmes  but instead came up withe error message "Something went wrong.....02001".  So I went to the internet on the TV and to the iplayer web site to see if I could play it from there.   Nope....I could access the iplayer web site but the programme would not play - the icon just kept twirling around.  So I couldn't play iplayer from either the app or the internet!

Also, the My5 app would not play - coming up with an error message "The programme you are trying to watch isn't currently available"....

I called Samsung and had someone reset the apps remotely but that didn't work.  They arranged for an engineer to visit.  The engineer reset the TV but this didn't work - so he concluded that the "WiFi Module" was broken and needed replacing. 

I note that there is a message on the BBC iplayer website dated the 7th of March saying that they are aware of a problem with Samsung TVs - see https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/troubleshooting/tv-games-consoles/samsung-02001 .

So not sure what the problem is and whether this is with the odd TV or a common problem across all Samsung TVs.  I will be returning the TV but not sure if I should go for a replacement or my money back!! 

0 Likes
Kevvyg
Apprentice
Options

BBC Iplayer page online has been updated - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/troubleshooting/tv-games-consoles/samsung-02001

'

*** Wednesday 7 March ***

Samsung TV users have reported that they are unable to play programmes, with a '02001' message being displayed. We believe that the behaviour only occurs on a specific TV range which we refer to in our app settings as samsung-tv_2017_kantm_tizen.

One of the TVs affected is the Samsung MU6400. If you’re experiencing this error on your Samsung TV, make sure you check the device to see if it’s in this TV range by visiting BBC iPlayer settings. To do this, select ‘Settings & Help’, choose ‘Help’ then ‘System Information’. If your TV is not in the ‘samsung-tv_2017_kantm_tizen’ range, you should first try the guidance detailed in our Troubleshooting problems on Connected TV FAQ.

We've raised this issue with our partners at Samsung who are investigating. Samsung Support can be found at www.samsung.com/uk/support. 

We'll update this FAQ when we have more information.'

Funny since I have been reporting this to Samsung since last year, on a side note v1210 software is now out, seems the only way to update the FW is to download on to a USB, I have had no luck in finding updates by using the built in function on the TV.

I currently have a Resolver case open, and apparently have escalated as far as I can go... 

In case any of you are wondering the new FW does not fix the issue, the BBC App updated on the 9th April but still causing an issue.

Samsung this is very poor service, how about you allow all users to wipe the Tizen SW and choose our own version of Google SW to use? 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Kevvyg wrote:

BBC Iplayer page online has been updated - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/troubleshooting/tv-games-consoles/samsung-02001

'

*** Wednesday 7 March ***

Samsung TV users have reported that they are unable to play programmes, with a '02001' message being displayed. We believe that the behaviour only occurs on a specific TV range which we refer to in our app settings as samsung-tv_2017_kantm_tizen.

One of the TVs affected is the Samsung MU6400. If you’re experiencing this error on your Samsung TV, make sure you check the device to see if it’s in this TV range by visiting BBC iPlayer settings. To do this, select ‘Settings & Help’, choose ‘Help’ then ‘System Information’. If your TV is not in the ‘samsung-tv_2017_kantm_tizen’ range, you should first try the guidance detailed in our Troubleshooting problems on Connected TV FAQ.

We've raised this issue with our partners at Samsung who are investigating. Samsung Support can be found at www.samsung.com/uk/support. 

We'll update this FAQ when we have more information.'

Funny since I have been reporting this to Samsung since last year, on a side note v1210 software is now out, seems the only way to update the FW is to download on to a USB, I have had no luck in finding updates by using the built in function on the TV.

I currently have a Resolver case open, and apparently have escalated as far as I can go... 

In case any of you are wondering the new FW does not fix the issue, the BBC App updated on the 9th April but still causing an issue.

Samsung this is very poor service, how about you allow all users to wipe the Tizen SW and choose our own version of Google SW to use? 

Ceretainly must be frustrating and needs to resolved asap.     However I have the MU6400  and Iplayer has been working fine  for some time  (admittedly did have an issue a few times but that was resolved by exiting and restarting Iplayer-was while ago now)  It  does seem best to use USB option for upfdates.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Ourmaninparis
Apprentice
Options

Just a +1 from me on this issue. iPlayer worked fine until about 4 months ago. I can browse all the programmes but if I try to play one of them I get the ‘Something went wrong’ error. About to buy another TV and I’ll avoid Samsung in case I get the same issue. Content is king...

AlanF
First Poster
Options

I have a EU49MU6400 which was fine until 3 days ago... I now have the iplayer spinning circle and error code 02001.   Has anyone resolved this issue yet?  My5 also not working,  but everyting else seems ok.  

0 Likes