Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5 disappeared from Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 11-12-2019 07:54 AM)
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

Hi all

I have a UE32F5500 Smart  TV. I managed to log into the BBC iPlayer but it wouldn't play any programmes. I see the BBC have said they are no longer supporting the app on some Samsung TVs but this one was not on the list.

I reset the Smart Hub and now the iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and My5 are not showing in the Samsung apps list.

I've done a reset within the TV but still none of the apps display. Any ideas? Really hoping they haven't gone forever. The last thing I need is to buy some kind of interactive box or new TV to get these apps back.

48 REPLIES 48
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

@AsadM wrote:
@SiNDW. We're not aware of any issues with any other apps being affected by this. Can you please try resetting the Smart Hub on the TV as this will give a fresh start to the apps on Smart Hub. You can do this by going into Menu > Smart Hub > Reset Smart Hub.

@AsadM

I have now managed to so the software update, more by luck than the instructions provided, but still none of the missing apps I mentioned have reappered. Why have they all vanished simultaneously? What do we need to do to get them back?

0 Likes
Robertgsmith
Journeyman
Options

Problem fixed! 

My TV prompted me for the new software update this morning and loaded 2127.

It has resolved the iplayer bug. 

Thank you to all concerned. 

0 Likes
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

@Robertgsmith wrote:

Problem fixed! 

My TV prompted me for the new software update this morning and loaded 2127.

It has resolved the iplayer bug. 

Thank you to all concerned. 

On one hand that's reassuring but 2127 hasn't resolved it for me and I'm still missing the other apps as well. How odd. Maybe I'll try anorher Smart Hub reset and see what that does.

0 Likes
Becca2
Journeyman
Options

That's interesting do you think it was because you were able to load that new piece of software via the USB stick?  I've checked my TV this morning and there is still no update available and now I've lost the function to do a factory reset to see if that prompts it!

Not going well here!!

0 Likes
Becca2
Journeyman
Options

Could you explain why I now have no function to 'reset' my machine?  

0 Likes
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

@Becca2 wrote:

That's interesting do you think it was because you were able to load that new piece of software via the USB stick?  I've checked my TV this morning and there is still no update available and now I've lost the function to do a factory reset to see if that prompts it!

Not going well here!!

I loaded the update using a portable hard drive and the software update seemed to be carried out okay, but still no apps. I've reset the Smart Hub again and nothing. No idea what to do now.

SiNDW
Explorer
Options

@AsadM wrote:
Thanks for the information @Robertgsmith and @Becca2.

@Becca2: In regards to update release date, we don't have any information on when they're released as it does vary from model to model.

As you both have the same TV model and software version, it does reduce any confusion there could've been if there was a different model. There is a new update available for your TV model. You can get the upgrade file from here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE32F5500AKXXU/ When you've downloaded the file, please extract it, and then put it on a USB. There is a guide available on the link on how you can apply it on the TV. If you need any help in applying it, do let us know.

@AsadM 

I did the software update so I now have version 2127 however the apps have still not reappeared. I've reset the Smart Hub and that's done nothing. What do i need to do now?

0 Likes
Becca2
Journeyman
Options

It's completely ridiclous I don't have a USB stick - I don't also have that much technical experience - goodness only knows how my parents generation would cope with this.  It's awful that Samsung are totally useless!

I've emailed them to say that I will be taking my complaint to an Obudsmen if they can't help.  There seems to be no way to actually speak or have a live chat to everyone so in looking at complaint rules this is a violation on their part in providing a customer service for a product brought.

0 Likes
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

@Becca2 wrote:

It's completely ridiclous I don't have a USB stick - I don't also have that much technical experience - goodness only knows how my parents generation would cope with this.  It's awful that Samsung are totally useless!

I've emailed them to say that I will be taking my complaint to an Obudsmen if they can't help.  There seems to be no way to actually speak or have a live chat to everyone so in looking at complaint rules this is a violation on their part in providing a customer service for a product brought.

When it first happened on Tuesday evening I called their customer support line and was on hold for 45 minutes before I gave up. Really poor.

0 Likes
Roy75
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem with all the UK catch up apps missing after a Smart Hub reset, and this is what Samsung advised, which resolved the issue on my UE40H6400AKXXH:

If other applications are not working, or they are not visible on the Smart Hub at all, please try to manually set the Smart Hub's country setting to 'United Kingdom'. To do this, reset the Smart Hub by going to Menu > Smart Hub > Reset Smart Hub. Open the Smart Hub to run the setup.   While viewing the terms and conditions page of the Smart Hub, press the following buttons on the remote control: Fast Forward, 2, 8, 9, Rewind. When the country selection window appears, select 'United Kingdom' then go through the setup. Once the setup is complete, please check if the UK catch up applications are pre-installed

Samsung also advised that regarding the BBC iPlayer update, that the software update (I think they mean latest firmware version) does not currently apply to ‘H’ range models, and that a solution is currently being worked on.  However, although I get the message to update my software when I open the BBC iPlayer app, it otherwise works as normal and plays programmes, which it didn't before.

0 Likes